I Love My Soldier: I Will Go Through The Valley













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I Will Go Through The Valley

With my husband Jason recently being deployed, not having husband and father at home has been hard. He has been gone almost two months and knowing we have another 12 to 18 months sometimes makes me wonder how I will be able to handle this. We are still trying to settle into the new routine and trying best to go about our regular lives. During this initial period of separation I am having to deal with some intense emotions. I am proud, but I am angry. I extremely sad missing him, but so happy when he gets to call. A part of my normal life has been taken away and there is a void in my day to day life that I must adjust to. Emotions run high, but I must be strong because right now I have to be mommy and daddy. However I have learned that I can't deal with it all on my own. I have turned to caring family and friends for emotional support. I have also turned it over to God. Through Him I am learning to experience the peace and grace He offers me during difficult times. I may be going through the valley, yet I know I will make it through. Its not the first valley I have traveled in my life and I am sure it wont be the last. I wont lie and say it's easy because it's not, but I do know the Lord will not allow me to go through more than I can handle. Everything happens for a reason and in every difficult circumstance that I have experienced I have grown and matured in my life and in the Lord. There is a song that says the Lord will not let you fall any further than your knees.. and it's true. I have fallen to my knees may times asking Him for strength, for wisdom, for guidance, and He always comes through. Of course He does.....He doesn't want me to be depressed, or feel down and lonely. I need to be strong for my husband, for my children, for myself and for the Lord (for He has mighty and great plans for me). They say misery loves company and misery I don't want in my life, nor do I want to inflict misery upon anyone else. I want my life to be a testimony for the Lord. I want to be a witness for Him. God is my strength. He is my rock. It's in Him that I know we will make it through the next year. We take the good days, and we take the bad, and through it all we praise the Lord, because without Him we have nothing. He is the mighty comforter who gives us strength, He heals, protects and loves us for eternity.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home