I Love My Soldier: Missed a call... or did I?













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Missed a call... or did I?

Phone Shocker

Well... I missed my hubby's call tonight. This really bums me out. My mom was at my house watching our son, Hayden, while I was at choir practice. She said Jason called two minutes before I walked in the door.


I would have made it home in time to get Jason's phone call, but I took Ms. Jesse (an elderly lady at church) home after choir practice. As we were practicing I was thinking "I wonder if Ms. Jesse needs a ride home tonight?". So I went down to ask her and she said yes and hugged me. As I walked back up to the choir, I looked down and saw Ms. Jesse wiping tears from her eyes. Later as she got up to practice her song, Ms. Jesse told us that as she was sitting there she was asking God "Lord, Who should I ask to take me home tonight" and it was at that moment that I had walked down. On the way home, Ms. Jesse told me that she didn't want to burden anyone and she had been sitting there worrying who she should ask. She said she was so grateful when I came to her and offered her a ride. Isn't the Lord amazing at how he comforts us, meets our needs, and sends people to us when we need them.

Angel

So I may have missed my husband's phone call, but I felt an extreme blessing by answering the Lord's call by helping Ms. Jesse.

"This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God." 2 Corinthians 9:12.

Jason, I love you baby and I'm sorry we didn't get to talk tonight. I keep thoughts of you close to my heart. I will dream of you tonight and of the day when you are back home in my arms.......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home