I Love My Soldier: Jason's first days home













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, April 25, 2005

Jason's first days home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jason’s flight got in late Wednesday night, and although I hate the reason he had to come home (his grandmother’s passing), I am so happy to have him here. Erin, Alex, and Hayden surrounded him with hugs when he walked in the door. He brought home chocolates from Germany (and Gummy Bears too).


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday Hayden, Jason and I went “out and about”, ended up making a trip by Toys-R-Us to get a feel of what Hayden would like for his B’day and made a stop by Krispy Kreme. Then Jason and his mom went and checked out Macie from school early (His daughter from his first marriage) and I went and picked up Erin and Alex from school.


Angel
My mom came over and watched Hayden and Alex while Me, Jason, Macie and Erin went to the viewing at the funeral home. I got to meet many people in Jason’s family that I have never met before. After the viewing, we went and picked up the kids and went over to his moms and ate dinner.

Friday we got up and got ready for the funeral. All the kids decided to stay home with my mom while Jason and I went to the funeral. It was a very emotional day as memories flooded my mind of the times I got to spend with “Nanny”. I could only imagine the lifetime of memories that Jason and his mother (and family) were reliving as we laid his grandmother to rest. After the funeral we went home and got the children, and then went to his uncle’s house and ate lunch and spent time with the family. There was a box of old pictures and everyone sat around and reminisced of old times as they went through the photos. There was also a box of stuffed animals that had belonged to Nanny, the kids were able to divided those and this really meant a lot to them.

Birthday

Saturday was Hayden’s B’day party (3-years-old). We had a great time and he got lots of presents. I was so glad to have Jason home on this special day, as we had thought he would not be here for Hayden’s Birthday. After the party Jason cooked out (ribs mmm mmm good) and our families stayed and ate with us. This was so nice to be able to spend this time together as a family.

Monkey

Sunday morning we skipped church, and loaded up the kids and went to the Zoo. We had an awesome time (it was a little windy and cool – but we had a blast). So many things have been added to the zoo since the last time we went and the kids had more things they could do and were able to interact with the animals more.

Sunday evening we went over to Jason’s cousin Jr’s house. We ate dinner with them and the kids got to all play and have a great time as well.

So here it is Monday morning, and I am back at my computer working. We got to keep Macie until this morning (Jason took her to school). Erin and Alex are out of school today (unused weather make-up day). Jason was going to get my oil changed, tires balanced and rotated, etc, and then he was going to run by his cousin Jr’s house and help him out with some things.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jason will be here until May 4th. I am going to cherish every moment we have together until he has to leave back to Germany (as once he leaves, I don’t know how long it will be before we get to see him again). I am not thinking of that day that we have to say “goodbye” again….. I am just going to enjoy every minute we have together for the next 9 days.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home