I Love My Soldier: Jason's grandmother













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Jason's grandmother

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would like to ask you to please lift up my husband Jason, and his mother as they grieve the loss of his grandmother, Alma Rae H...., who passed away this morning at the age of 87.

"Nanny" was such a sweet,caring woman who so lovingly took me into their family as her own when we got married. The past several years her health had been really bad and she suffered from Alzheimer's dementia. She had gotten to the point to where she didn't recognize anyone at all. Today she rejoices with the Lord and in His presence she has peace.

I have spoken with Jason and we are making arrangements for him to come home from Germany for the funeral.

Thank you for your prayers


3 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Charlotte Morgan said...

Jason and Family, As, I lift you up in my prayers I want you to know that I know that she is rejoicing with the Lord. And only we can image what it must be like, but I know that she must have the most beautiful smile on her face and she is in His presence.

I love you,
Charlotte

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

God bless you all and you are definately in my prayers. I know, as Charlotte said that Jason's grandmother most definately had a smile on her face as she entered the gates of Heaven. What a celebration! Please pass along the Swartz family's prayers to Jason and also we are praying for you and the kids as well during his grnadmother's passing and during this deployement...God bless you--Julie

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger GI Wife said...

Thoughts and prayers for both you and your family.
Its great he will get to come home for the funneral, one of our guys recently lost his grandpa and they refused to let him go. Wasnt "immediate family" they said.
Huggs to all yall!
Hang in there :)

PS ya think she was just in a hurry to meet the Pope?
~~wink~~wink~~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home