I Love My Soldier: oh so sick













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, April 17, 2005

oh so sick

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well Saturday morning I woke up and shortly afterwards felt horrible. I was sick at my stomach from about 7:00 am until about 10:00 pm. I thought I was going to die! My mother came by and got the girls and took them with her to my grandmother's 80th birthday party. When she brought them back she spent the night and helped me with the kids. I was able to rest and finally keep some Gatorade down. I had even called my buddy Sharon and had told her to let our Music Pastor know I wasnt going to be there Sunday to sing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

However, I woke up and no longer felt sick (although I was feeling extremely weak). The kids and I got up and got ready for church (After being home all week -all day, every day- with the kids and not much adult interaction, not only did I need to hear God's word and praise him for all he has done, but I needed to fellowship with other adult christians).

We have our FIRST Faith Builder Bible Study group tonight and I am exicted about attending to hear the lesson (which is on Marriage).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Speaking of marriage, I called my Sweetie when we walked in from church. It was about 8 pm his time and he is now working a night shift. He would be going on his shift pretty soon. We chatted abit about what all he has been doing, and what all I was doing. He talked to Erin for a bit and then we said our goodbyes (till tomorrow). I love you baby!!!!

Well I will log back on this evening and share a few words from the Bible Study tonight. Hugs everyone!




Ok. Im back... Hayden (my soon to be 3-year-old) slept through about 85% of the Bible Study before he woke up and I had to leave. A wonderful couple at our church (Syndey and Sheila F) spoke on "Keys to a Successful Marriage".

Several scriptures were referenced (Eph 5:23-24, Eph 5:25-33, Prov 18:22, Luke 6:31, Gen 2:20-25, Matthew 18:19, 2 Cor 6:14-18, Psalms 128:3, Heb 13:4, 1 Cor 7:1-6, Prov 27:15, Prov 21:19 - there were more but I had to leave).

Sidney spoke on husbands being the head of the home, just as Christ is head of the church. Men should love and adore their wives and wives should love and respect their husbands. We should take time for our spouses and treat each other as kings and queens. We should do to others as we would have them do to us. Husbands should be Godly men, and wives should be Godly women (both lead by the Holy Spirit). Neither spouse has the right to speak negative about the other. The wife is the husbands helpmate and she is there to help him (she is more loving, more sensitive). The marriage consists of the husband and wife growing together, worshiping together, praying together. We should not be unequally yoked (christian marrying a non-christian). We should be open in communication. We should never go to bed angry. Dont push each other's buttons and nag. Communicate through your problems. The physical relationship between a husband and wife is beautiful and to be shared with only each other. Spouses do not keep yourselves from the other. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.

Then Sheila began to speak on "Ways to Enrich your Marriage"
She spoke of Genesis 2:24 (For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.). She spoke on how we should not hurt our spouse (we would not intentionally hurt ourselves). Wives should not nag their husbands (Proverbs 25:15 and 21:19). She was beginning to speak again on Ephesians 5:33 (However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband) and......... that's when Hayden woke up and started crying, so I got up and left.

Anway.. it was a great lesson and I really got a lot out of it.. I hope all of you too can read these scriptures and take them into your hearts, marriages, and lives.

Well its time for me to get these kids ready for bed!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home