I Love My Soldier: Stressing...













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, April 29, 2005

Stressing...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday .... oh yesterday. I seemed a little stressed out yesterday.. and felt like I was taking it out on the kids (nit picking them for everything they were NOT doing - which was WRONG). I felt really bad afterwards. Probably because its just ME...the stress of knowing Jason is heading back to Germany in FIVE days, me being home all the time and not having much adult interaction, trying to get all my transcription done, taking care of and entertaing a toddler, having dinner ready by 5 pm, and washing clothes for five people and keeping my house spotless all at the same time. In addition to spending quality time with the kidss and making sure the girls have their homework and reading asignments completed. I dont know, maybe I need to just chill and not be complaining so much huh? I am truly greatful for the family I have!! Yesterday I just felt so stressed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyway, Erin my oldest daughter suffers from ADHD and we have a HARD time with concentrating and staying focused. She has not completed some of the reading assignments she was supposed to have completed (and taken test on). This has been a continual problem. We have gone over this and over this and over this. Her teacher has written me notes and I have discussed this with Erin. I had to be really strict with Erin and make her SIT down and read. I would not allow her to play until she got her reading asignment done. She kept getting up to do different things and it seemed like it took her forever to read the number of pages I was asking her to read. She is on Concerta, but I really need to try and find some additonal options to help me help her with her ADHD.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last night me, Jason, and Alex got to sit down and play a game of Scrabble.... a favorite game of ours. Of course Jason won (hehe .... he always wins). We had a great time. Once Erin finished her reading she played Play-Doh with Hayden (which kept him from messing with our scrabble game so much). Thank you Erin!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We went to bed early... as Jason had a terrible headache. He woke up during the middle of the night and felt horrible. This always concerns me because of his head injury in March of 2004!! (Jason suffered a TBI - Traumatic Brain Injury from a tree limb striking him in the head in March of 2004. He had to have emergency surgery to stop the bleeding on his brain.. We almost lost him and it was a very scary time. He spent a month in the NICU. Although the scar is a daily reminder to Jason what happened, he doesnt remember the accident and very little about the hospital stay or when we first came home , unfortunately it is something that will stay in my mind forever. If he has a headache it scares me.). Jason got up and got a shower and took some Advil and went back to bed. He said it was just a tension (stress) headache. Although he is enjoying being here with me and the kids, he seems to be stressing on the training he is missing out on in Germany. He said it will take him a week to get caught up once he gets back.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I got up early this morning to work on my transcription... as I have lots to do today and really want to make a good paycheck (Alex's bday is next month!!) So I got my cup of coffee, got up at 5:00 am and started typing (took a break to post in my blog).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today Jason is going to take Hayden and they are going to do something 'just the two of them'. This will be a great and I know Hayden and Jason will enjoy their time together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This evening we are going over to Jason's cousin Jr's house for a cook out.. That will be fun and the kids will have a blast playing with their kids...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

well... Im off to get this work done, and the kids ready and out of here for school. Hugs everyone!!!


1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Julie said...

HI, I am SO happy you are having some time to enjoy hubby being home and your children...I understand about the headaches though..my husband has been hit on the head numerous times (the worst was when a mortar plate fell on his head in Italy--it was hanging on the wall in his office) and ever since, he gets headache at the site of the laceration...we've had CT after CT done and basically all CT's are negative which is wonderful but he continues with the headaches (I ALWAYS worry so much when he has one.) I know I haven't gotton to visit much lately to your blog but know that you and your sweet family are in my prayers! Hope the rain today wasn't too bad up there!! We got a STORM early this morning!! God bless..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home