I Love My Soldier: American Idol - and the winner is....













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, May 25, 2005

American Idol - and the winner is....


Country Sweetheart Carrie Underwood, 22, from Checotah, Ok became Fox's American Idol Season 4 winner tonight, as Southern Rocker Bo Bice, 29, from Helena, AL was the runner—up.

During the finale, Carrie Underwood sang "Bless the Broken Road" with guest Rascal Flatts. Bo Bice rocked out to "Sweet Home Alabama" with guest Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Carrie Underwood will release her first single "Inside Your Heaven" on June 14. I am a fan of country music and am looking forward to hearing Carrie's CD. Congrats to you Carrie! You have a beautiful smile and voice and will make America proud!

A tearful Carrie sang "Inside Your Heaven," which both she and Bo performed in Tuesday's performance. The judges all thought Bo outsang Carrie on the song, however the voting audience showed otherwise.


However, as a HUGE Bo Bice fan I was obviously disappointed that he did not win, however I congratulate him on all he has accomplished. I have all the confidence in the world that he will make it far in his music career. I can't wait to buy his CD when it comes out. He has such star quality and has such a sincerity about him. His vocals are amazing! He has this voice that you just can't get out of your head! He is also an outstanding performer! I love to watch him on stage. WOW.. I just can't say enough positive things about him. Rock on Bo!! You're the best in our hearts!!




When Bo was interviewed after the finale tonight He was asked what's next for him, he said, "I'm just going on from here to make MUSIC!"

He was all smiles, looked genuinely happy and said, "I'm ecstatic - I've just had the best day of my life!"

When asked about Carrie he said, "She's a great kid and I love her! The right person won. America made the right choice."

Bo said, "You'll be able to buy my CD. You'll be able to buy hers. At the end of the day, it's about what you give, not what you get. Making music is about passing on the love."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home