I Love My Soldier: Camera's rolling (Happy Mother's Day)













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, May 08, 2005

Camera's rolling (Happy Mother's Day)



Well this weekend Jason and I got our WebCams and microphones installed and were able to talk and see each other through our instant messangers. This is awesome!! It was so good to see his face AND hear his voice. The above pic is of me .. (I need to figure out a way to snap a picture of him too while we are talking). The kids loved the WebCam too.. and loved getting to actually see Jason while we talked to him. I miss him SOOOO much and this helps make it a little easier (I just wish I could reach through that monitor, hold him and give him a big ol' kiss!!!). :-)

~ * ~ Happy Mother's Day ~ * ~

I actually got my Mother's Day presents a little early... Jason has sent me some bath and body stuff and a beautiful card (then when he was here for his grandmother's funeral he took the kids shopping and let them pick me out some things too). Also the girls made me some cards and pictures at school... and Hayden, Erin and Alex all made me beautiful presents at church today.

My mother came over Saturday and I gave her present to her, and we saw my mom today at church. After church I came home and chatted with Jason on the WebCam, then went over to his moms to see her and give her mother's day present to her too.

We had an awesome service today at church.. Leslie Scrushy was the guest speaker. She spoke on Exodus 2:1-3 (Moses mother) and gave a very inspirational sermon on being a godly mother, having faith, guiding our children down the right path... she told stories of her childhood and her mother.. and she spoke of being a mother herself. The words the Lord spoke through her were very encouraging to me.

I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies.. (and to my mom too for being not only a wonderful mother, but a true friend.. I love you momma!!).


2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger GI Wife said...

Woohoo! I cuss technology so bad sometimes, then we have great inventions like this! So awesome!

To capture him in a pic, press the Print Screen button on the keyboard (make sure youre mouse is not in the shot u want to save, lol) then open up Paint Shop or whatever artsy fartsy program u got and just click Paste, then with a little cropping, you got a cool pic of hubby being goofy on cam!

Our connection is so terrible, there is a two minute delay between frames, but Im still getting to see him, so I guess its all good.

Have a great day! :)

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Momma said...

I love you too, my blue-eyed baby

Love, Momma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home