I Love My Soldier: "How do you do it?"













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"How do you do it?"


I have been asked by so many people "How do you do it?" .... referring to me being home with the kids and my hubby being deployed thousands of miles away. WELL.. I just have to! I don't very well have a choice. The government didn't ask me if they could borrow my husband for a while.. they just took him!. However, I knew when I married Jason that he was in the Army National Guard, and there is always a possibility that the guard could be called to National duty instead of State duty. Jason has done several state wide dutys since we have been married (everything from airport duty after 911, then airport duty again when the war started, to helping out several times a year with the OCS course). However having him gone during War-Time thousands of miles away from me and the kids is different than any other active duty he has pulled. Although he will be in Germany doing MP (Military Police) work at one of the bases there and NOT going to fight in Iraq is very comforting to me, however it doesnt make me miss him any less. My very best friend is not home with me day in and day out and that is the hardest thing I have ever had to adjust to.

We do talk on the phone and we now have the Web Cams so we can talk and see each other, but nothing compares to him holding me, snuggling up on the couch to watch TV, my daily kisses, etc... For the kids its hard to not have him to play with, do things with, and hug.... For Jason is must be extremly hard, because atleast the kids and I have each other, he is thousands of miles away without all of us. We all just have to make the best of it.

So many times I hide behind a smile and I cry inside (and many times I let it all out and cry at night when everyone has gone to bed), but that is ok because as I have said before that its human nature to cry, but I ALSO know I must be strong for my hubby, for my kids, and for myself. I have to be! God will give us all the strength to make it through this deployment and I have faith that the result will be a closer bond than we have ever thought possible!

Jason and I were talking last night and he said he just wished he knew WHEN the deployment would end, if we just had a DATE that we could look forward to him returning home. However we have NO date. It could be as early as March/April of 2006, but could last longer.

Last night the kids and I were watching American Idol (Im a Bo Fan!! Go Bo!) and when Anthony sang "I'm already there" by Lonestar, I just broke down in tears. My daughters hugged and comforted me. I couldn't help it. I love that song and it made me think of the current situation we are in.

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say I love you one more time

But when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye

A little voice came on the phone
Said daddy when you coming home
He said the first thing that came to his mind

I’m already there
Take a look around
I’m the sunshine in your hair
I’m the shadow on the ground
I’m the whisper in the wind
I’m your imaginary friend
And I know I’m in your prayers
Oh I’m already there

She got back on the phone
Said I really miss you darling
Don’t worry about the kids they’ll be alright
Wish I was in your arms
Lying right there beside you
But I know that I’ll be in your dreams tonight

And I’ll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the light and close your eyes

I’m already there
Don’t make a sound
I’m the beat in your heart
I’m the moonlight shining down
I’m the whisper in the wind
And I’ll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Oh I’m already there

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I’ll be with you wherever you are

I’m already there
Take a look around
I’m the sunshine in your hair
I’m the shadow on the ground
I’m the whisper in the wind
And I’ll be there until the end
Can you feel the love that we share

Oh I’m already there
Oh I’m already there

Jason, I love you Sweetie and I am so proud of you for the job you are doing and the sacrifice you are making. The kids and I support you 100%.. We love and miss you SOOOOO much. Just remember.. "we may be a thousand miles apart, but I'll be with you wherever you are!!!"


2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger GI Wife said...

Isnt that the most beautiful song? When Joe left I made a HUGE slide show for him with that song as background music. It actually started out small, but I got carried away with all the pics of us, lol.
He watches it and cries, and every time I hear the song, I crank it up and just bawl myself.
Amazing how music touches us.
SheDaisy-Come home soon
Chely Wright-Bumper of my SUV
and of course
Toby Keith-American Soldier
:)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger GI Wife said...

my comment thing comes up as a pop up. if u got a pop up blocker, its prob killing it. try holding down the CTRL key as you click the comment link. forces it to pop up like its supposed to.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home