I Love My Soldier: Jason - Back to Germany (05/04/05)













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Jason - Back to Germany (05/04/05)

Well.... that had to be the fastest 14 days of my life... it went way TOO fast!! Today after Erin's track meet, we checked out Alex from school, ate lunch, then Jason's mom came over and we headed out to take Jason to the airport. Yes he is on his way back to Germany... and exactly when we will see him again is unknown!! We would be lucky if we get to see him around Christmas sometime, but that doesnt look very promising. I am however greatful for the past 14 days we have had together (again even though the reason he had to come home was bad - his grandmother's passing), and I have cherished every second that we got to spend together. I just didnt want to let him go....again. Saying goodbye is never easy.

The past 14 days have been awesome and we have spent so much time together. I took a lot of pictures and shot some footage of Jason and the kids with the video camera. (See Photo Albumn - RIGHT side of blog - for new photos)

Today was different, a bit quieter. I guess knowing we were going to say goodbye again was bothering me. When we got to the airport, we got passes to go back to the gait with Jason (since he is military deployed and we are military family). We sat and waited for his flight to come in. As we sat and talked, and the kids were watching planes coming in and going out... I sat by Jason and began to feel more and more saddened. Time was ticking and before long I knew his plane would be ready for them to board.

Then that time came... Jason stood up and hugged his mother goodbye, the kids all gathered around him and hugged him and told himhow they loved him and didnt want him to go. Then he turned to me and with tears pouring down my face I embrased and kissed him. I held him not wanting to let go, but knowing I had to... we said I love you and goodbye and he said he would call me as soon as he could. His eyes were filled with tears and he walked away.

We watched through the window as he boarded his plane, and the emotions were overwhelming and I watched him wave goodbye and step onto the plane........

It is so hard being apart from him... I try to stay strong (as I HAVE to because life goes on), but I would be lying if I said this was easy and that I was ok (because it's not and I'm not). Before long I will be back into the routine I was in before, knowing what it's like to NOT have him here,but making the best of what we can do during this time, back in the usual routine of knowing our phone calls to each other is all we have for now, but tonight.. tonight my heart breaks!!!!!!!

Jason, I love and miss you baby!!!!


2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Army Wife said...

sorry it went sooo fast I can recall R&R. It does go fast. You keep doing what you are doing, the deployment although long, will go faster than you can think. Hang in there, and cry all you want.
*here is some chocolate*
*and kleenex*

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger GI Wife said...

I am sooo dreading the day mines home from R&R and then I have to watch him leave again.
Hang tough girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home