I Love My Soldier: Mood today.. "I'm upset!"













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, May 29, 2005

Mood today.. "I'm upset!"

Grrr


Ok this is the what happened. Someone wrote something in my GuestBook (making light of my blog and my husband's service) and I posted a remark above theirs that I thought was very appropriate, but if you want the TRUTH in all honesty it really really upset me!! So I have a few things I need to say to him (the "soldier" who left the message)!!

I know that there are soldiers serving our country who are in far worse places than my husband and I do feel for those soldiers and their families. I know there are soldiers who have no internet connection or even access to a phone and again I DO feel for those soldiers and their families (However - I do question you "the soldier" who posted the comment as you obviously DO have internet access in order to even read my blog and sign the guestbook).

This is how I feel....I miss my husband, my best friend, my life partner. I miss holding him and being close to him. Our children miss playing with him and doing things with him! I cry at night when it gets quiet because I miss him being here with me. Yes, I do pray that he will get some time off and that we might get to see him in 7 months, if not it will be atleast 11 more months until he comes home. We have a long road ahead of us and we all miss him.

The other night, our nine-year-old daughter Alex got very upset (as she heard the song "Already there" by Lonestar on the radio). I just held her as she cried and I cried too and told her that it was ok for us to miss him (because we LOVE him) but before long he would be back home with us.

A commercial came on last night on TLC (The Learning Channel) and it showed families being reunited with their soldiers. You could hear children in the background who have not seen their daddys and mommys who had been deployed. My 3-year-old son started crying and said "I miss my daddy too". He saw the commercial again today and again had the same reaction. THAT breaks my heart!! He will lay in his bed and just stare up at the pictures of his daddy!!

YES we are extremely blessed that we have internet access and can talk via the web cam. God has blessed us with that and I am VERY grateful!!!

YES there are soldiers in far worse situations who DON'T get to talk to their families for weeks or even months. Families who sit and worry about their soldier's safety.

YET........ Aren't there millions of people every day who are at home snuggled up with their spouses, who get to watch their spouses play in the floor and spend quality time with their children? YES there is ... I pass them every day in the store, in my neighborhood, and at church.

and do you know what???
I DON'T have that same luxuary!!!!!!!!!!
BUT am I bitter towards them?? NO!!!!!!
(Yet, you are bitter towards me and my husband -your fellow soldier)

So YES I take our phone calls and web cam chats and I am happy with it, because for NOW thats ALL we have!!!!

(so to YOU the "Soldier" who left the ugly message) if you are offended by me, my husband's service, or my blog.. then don't read it... but let me handle my situation the best that I know how!!!!


2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger GiGI said...

Deanne, I am sorry that butthead had posted to your guestbook.

*hugs*

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Michelle Meadows said...

deann,
You go girl! Very well said. I know Keith posted a comment earlier today regarding this soldier, but I had to put my two cents in also. I try very hard to do as our Lord tells us to do and one of those things is not to judge others one day we will all stand before Him and be judged for our lives. but I cannot help but believe that this soldier must be jealous of what you and Jason share with your blog and web cam. but your not here to please everyone just you and your family so keep doing what ever you must to get through these trying times till you and Jason are again together. I love you, cuz. and I'm just a phone call or email away if you ever need a friend, an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean on or cry on, or just a real life adult voice.
love ya,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home