I Love My Soldier: "and so they prayed"













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, June 23, 2005

"and so they prayed"


06/23/05: Speak Through Me .... An E-Mail Ministry by Deanne -----

“and so they prayed”

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)

I accepted Christ into my life at a very young age and rededicated my life to him once I became an adult. I have always known what "prayer" was, but to be honest it has been in the past couple of years that I truly started appreciating exactly what prayer is and does.

I know there are times when someone comes to my mind unexpectedly and during those times I never ignore that thought. I am alert to those moments and believe that it is the Holy Spirit leading me to pray for that person. I may not know why or what is going on, but I will stop and lift that person up in prayer. I have also become a part of several prayer groups and have been blessed in praying for others.

I appreciate prayer for the close intimate relationship it is with God. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4:8) I know that since I started diligently praying, and praying the scriptures over my life, over my family's life, and praying for those who are in need I have come to know God's love more fully in a way I never had before. I enjoy my fellowship with God through my prayer time. My prayers are not only needs, but are praises and giving of thanks for simply being who He is!

Thank you Lord for your guidance and teaching me to be attentive to the Holy Spirit. Help me Lord to be a faithful prayer warrior who prays for those in need. If there is one who needs prayer I ask that you bring their name to my heart so that I may lift them up to you. Thank you Lord for the quality time I spend in prayer with you. Thank you for hearing my praises, my innermost needs, and my fears. Thank you for the reassurance I get from you through faith, through the Holy Spirit, and through your Word that you will meet my needs according to your will.

In His Service,
Deanne -----


If you would like to receive "Speak Through Me" devotionals via email, please email me at lifebackhome@bellsouth.net and type SUBSCRIBE in the subject line (All emails are sent with addresses in the BCC so the address is not shared with others).


1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home