I Love My Soldier: ~ Home Church ~













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, June 22, 2005

~ Home Church ~

Psalms
Tonight the kids and I had a great evening. We went to visit the church that we had attended 5-years-ago. As soon as we got out of the car I recognized faces from the past. Inside we spoke to several people and to Brother Jimmy. Tonight was not a regular Wednesday night service but was the "Business Meeting". We sang a few songs then the meeting started. Brother Jimmy went over the business of the church, talked about the new building that should be finished by Thanksgiving, then they went over the entire budget, answered questions, etc, and also passed out a prayer list. It was great to be a part of this "Business Meeting" and to know exactly what was going on in the church. This is something that is very important to me.

The girls told me they really enjoyed their class "Team Kid" (Kids in Discipleship). Their teacher was very nice and gave them her cell phone number and said if for any reason I could not bring them one Wednesday night to let her know and she would come pick them up. They are excited about coming back Sunday.

About 45 minutes after we got home Brother Jimmy called. We talked for a while and he asked me what allI had been up to. I talked about how I worked from home, when I married Jason, Jason being deployed, etc. He talked about his kids and his wife Carol and told me what all they had been doing. He said after church some people came up to him and said they rememberd me from before and a couple said I was "the girl that writes an article in the Shopping News". I told him yes that I also wrote an e-mail ministry "Speak Through Me" and had a monthly article by the same name in the local paper. He said someone had told him that they thought something had happened to my husband before (an accident) .. So I told him of Jason's accident (Traumatic Brain Injury) March 2004 and how he underwent emergency surgery and spent a month in the NICU. We had a nice conversation and in ending he said he wanted me to know that if they could help me in anyway while Jason was deployed to let them know.

I am excited about going back Sunday morning. I am excited about hearing Brother Jimmy's sermons again and becoming a part of this ministry. I feel like we are back home!


2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Monica said...

I miss seeing you and the kids at church but, it has been, and will continue to be, my prayer that you find a church where you all can be happy, be fed and grow. I know that searching for such a place can be frustrating and exhausting and I hope that if this isn't the place, that you will find it soon!

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Niki said...

Hey Deanna, I just wanted say I am glad that you found home again in a church. I really need to find a church. I hope to start looking once my hubby is home. As he won't attend church and I want to test them out myself before I start bringing the boys in to it. Anyways I have enjoyed your e-mails that I get. I hope you have a blessed day! :hugs:

(its myhunnyisatexan from militarywives underground) just so you know. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home