I Love My Soldier: Lord - Direct My Path













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, June 03, 2005

Lord - Direct My Path

Bible 1

Today was a pretty emotional day for me (as I have had a lot on my mind). I have had some very important decisions I needed to make for me and my family. Yesterday I discussed this decision with my husband and also with my children. I have prayed over this for months and have awaited the Lord's guidance. Although I am confident in the decision I have made, it still has caused me heartache. This decision is so hard for me because it entails leaving the church that I have been a part of for the past 5 years. I prefer not to go into the reasons of why I am leaving as some are personal and others I prefer not to mention as I do not want to cause dissension in the church. I know God has a place and a plan for everyone and I had not been confident that I was where God needed me. I know I need to put my confidence in the Lord and know that he will direct my path. There is a place where He has a purpose and plan for me and my family and I am praying that will be revealed to me. During this transition period I will continue to "bear fruit" by being a witness for Him, by writing my E-mail Devotionals "Speak Through Me" and by continuing to teach my children His Word and being an example for them. I am bursting at the seams with excitment when I think of all the ways the Lord will use me and my family for His glory. I know I am a vessell that the Lord will work through.. and I want to let His light shine through me!

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD , whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. Jeremiah 17: 7-8


2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous KEITH MEADOWS said...

DEANNE, (AND JASON)
MICHELLE AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INSPIRED BY READING YOUR BLOG AND E-MAILS.WHEN WE GET ANGRY WITH EACH OTHER,OUR DAILY E-MAIL FROM YOU ALWAYS MAKES US STOP AND THINK HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO HAVE EACH OTHER.I WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT HER.AFTER READING ABOUT THE SOLDIER MAKING LIGHT OF JASONS SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY,I GOT UPSET TOO.THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT IT,THE MADDER I GOT.NOW I'M REALLY TICKED OFF. FIRST OFF TO THE SOLDIER,THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY,FOR THAT I AM TRUELY GREATFUL, SECOND...IF YOU JUST HAD ANY IDEA AT ALL WHAT THIS COUPLE HAS BEEN THROUGH OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS YOU WOULD REALIZE HOW BIG OF AN _ _ _ HOLE YOU ARE.WHY DON'T YOU BE A REAL MAN AND GIVE THEM THE APOLOGY THEY DESERVE.EVERYONE SHOULD BE PROUD OF OUR COUNTRY AND SUPPORT OUR LEADERS,TROOPS,AND CIVILIANS WORKING IN PLANTS MAKING SUPPLIES FOR OUR SOLDIERS LIKE YOU.COULD YOU DO YOUR JOB WITHOUT WEAPONS,CLOTHING,ETC....IF YOU CAN YOU HAVE MY APOLOGY...IF NOT GIVE THEM THEIRS.
JASON,
SORRY IF THIS OFFENDED YOU,IT WAS NOT MEANT TO.MAKE DEANNE BRING YOU AND THE KIDS UP WHEN YOU GET HOME.WE HAVE NEVER MET BUT YOU HAVE MY UPMOST RESPECT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH AS WELL AS PUTTING UP WITH DEANNE.LOL

THANKS,
THE MEADOWS FAMILY

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanne and Jason,
We will be praying for you in this life changing decision that the Lord would lead, and guide you to following in his footsteps where he needs you the most.

Love,
Aunt Diann and Uncle Roddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home