I Love My Soldier: Sunday...













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday...

Sunburn 2
Despite sunblock yesterday Erin and I both ended up getting sunburned. Hayden's face was a little rosy, but not too bad. Alex seemed to be fine (she got a little tan). This morning it seemed hard for Erin and I to even move, but we got up and got ready for church.

Jesus Fish
This morning the kids and I really enjoyed the church we now call home! Sunday school and service were both amazing. I really enjoyed the SS class, the interaction, and the lesson. Brother Jimmy's sermon really touched and inspired me. One of the things he said was just because we face trials does not mean we have to be unhappy. We can have restoration because of our relationship with Christ. God wants us to do His Will. We should want to be right with God more than anything. He will touch our lives and meet our needs. One other thing Brother Jimmy said is sometimes God allows us to go through circumstances to make us stronger, closer to Him, and for our testimony to witness to others. I knew this to be true. I have been through so much in the past year and a half (Jason's near death accident, his current deployment, and other personal issues I have faced) and through all of this I have become stronger and wiser, have grown closer to God than I ever thought possible, and have had people tell me my testimony has touched their lives. I got so much out of the sermon today and was very inspired! We are looking forward to becoming an active part of the church and involving ourselves in the ministries that they provide. We had planned on going to church tonight, but Hayden was not feeling well this afternoon and has actually already gone to bed.

Big Hug
When we got home from church this afternoon, we ate lunch and then around 1:00 logged onto Messenger and the web cams and chatted with Jason. I talked to Jason a while and then Hayden, Erin and Alex all got their turn too. On Yahoo Messenger we found that there is a Doodle Pad and the kids could "doodle" in the Messenger Box and Jason could see what they were doing. He also could interact and "doodle" with them. It was fun. There was also a Tic-Tac-Toe game on there. Jason and I played and then Alex and Jason played. It was so good for the kids and Jason to have this interaction with each other (besides just sitting and talking).


3 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

I love the Doodle myself. I even printed out a tic tac toe game that we did and posted it on the blog. Mine is really special to me because he wrote I love you one it. I figured that I might not get many opportunities to keep something so silly to most, but very important to me.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi, I'm glad you are enjoying your church!! Finding a good church where you feel at home is so important! I also enjoyed visiting your pictures from Spring Valley Beach!! I wish we had some place like that nearby. I think there may be one in Auburn but not sure..it's about an hour or so away if that far..anyway, take care!! Looking forward to your next post!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Niki said...

I hope Hayden is feeing better. :hugs: to u both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home