I Love My Soldier: Update - The search for a church













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, June 19, 2005

Update - The search for a church


(update 7:40 pm) The process of changing churches is a big adjustment. I am trying to pay close attention to what God is telling me to do, rather than what people are telling me I ought to do (or ought not do). I am getting mixed feelings from people I used to attend church with. Some are encouraging, yet some have come across as thinking I am making the wrong decision for leaving. However I must do what is best for me and my family. Is that selfish to be seeking what is best for us, to have our needs met? No! I know what my family and I "need" and our "needs" are important in order for us to continue to grow in the Lord and serve Him. For I know the Lord will supply all my needs, according to his riches and glory. I dont believe I am being selfish at all by wanting to find a church that meets the needs of me and my children. I am a faithful and obedient child of God and have always been comitted and contributed greatly to the ministry that God has involved me in. So whatever my reasons are for leaving it is something that I have considered over time (no quick hasty decisions) and has been a matter of diligently praying.

I know I have been a little discouraged the past couple of weeks as I have been "searching" for the right church for me and my family... yet the following scripture comforts me during our "search".

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your god will be with you wherever you go."


1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Deanne..my husband and I went through the same thing while looking for a church. We visited several but didn't feel like any of them were "home." I grew up in the same church in Eufaula and was, too reluctant to try something new. For a while (until the baby was born) we were driving the hour drive to Eufaula to attend church in the church I grew up in however it was just harder to do that when Sarah was born..anyway, we found the perfect church home and that is 1st Baptist Church, Columbus. It's warm and friendly and alot like my church from home except bigger of course. Don't give up..you'll find the perfect place and when you do, you'll have no doubt!! Take care and as always, you and yours are in my prayers!! Hugs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home