I Love My Soldier: What a night!!!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, June 16, 2005

What a night!!!

Sleeping
I ended up staying up late last night typing (Medical Transcription) and then did a late night update on my blog too. I was exhausted when I finally went to bed. My son Hayden (who is 3 -years-old) had fallen asleep in his bed way too early (and had even missed dinner). At some point during the night he woke up and crawled in bed with me. I was woken up at one point hearing him cry, I rolled over and notice him beside me. He was tossing and turning and crying. I woke him up and asked him what was wrong. He sat straight up in the bed, looked around the room and in a tone that sounded as if he was asking me, he said "it was just a dream?". I told him that he must have had a bad dream. He said "Smokey" (the dog next door) "tried to get me". I comforted him and told him that he was ok and that Smokey was in the fence next door. It must have been about 2:30 a.m. at this point and he really didn't want to go back to bed. I asked him if he wanted to go back to his room and he said "No, I scared". So I turned on my TV (set the timer), got him a sippy cup, and I laid back down trying to go back to sleep. Hayden woke me up about 20 minutes later telling me he was hungry (this figures as he didn't eat dinner). So I go in the kitchen and get him something to settle him down. Well all this commotion woke up Alex (my 9-year-old daughter). She came walking in my room with her pillow and blanket. She had a pout on her face and said she couldn't sleep and wanted in my bed too. So, Hayden finishes eating and they both lay down. I finally dose off to sleep, but wake up with Hayden and Alex squirming around. Well shortly afterwards Erin (my oldest daughter - almost 11) comes walking in my room too! I tell them all that they need to get in their own beds. They all go to their rooms, but Hayden of course wanted to stay, well.. first he tried to go get in Erin's bed, but then he came back in my room. I asked him if he wanted in his room, he said yes, but came right back in my room and said he was scared. So I told him he needed to lay down and go to sleep, so he cuddled up beside me in my bed. At this point it was nearly 4 a.m. and I was soooo tired. Needless to say I overslept this morning, but got up and got started on my work (transcription).

House
Then about 10:00 am or so my husband's cousin comes by to clean out my gutters on the A-framed part of the back of the house. They really needed cleaning out and especially since the storms and all the rain we have had the past couple of weeks.... it was a big mess (We have a massive tree in our back yard that makes such a mess on the roof).

Foot Long
So I came back in my office to work, stopped to fix lunch, and here I am now (blogging for just a minute) and then back to work.

Camouflage
I am looking forward to 1:30 pm today as Jason and I will get to talk. Today will be a short day (we usually talk from 1:00 - 2:00 on the web cam). But he had some things going on and didnt get much sleep. So we won't get to talk today until 1:30 pm (8:30 pm there). I am just grateful for any amount of time we get to talk.

Wakka Wakka
Well have a GREAT day everyone.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home