I Love My Soldier: What a weekend!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, June 06, 2005

What a weekend!

Monkey
Saturday......
Saturday morning we got up and got dressed and Jason's mom picked us up about 9:45 am and we headed to the Zoo. We went ahead and bought a Membership so that we can go at anytime. It will include me, Jason (although he won't be back until the membership is about to expire next year), all four kids, and two guest (this could include my mother-in-law, my mom, my sister, or anyone else we wanted to take). The Zoo is so much fun. There is much more than just the exhibits. There is the Wild Life exhibit also and a petting zoo. There was a goat pull (where the goat pulled you down a trail) and a carosel ride. There is also a park area (slide, rope spider web to climb, rope bridge, etc). And of course the water spout area.. fun, fun, fun.

Sprinkler
We went a month ago when Jason was here (when his grandmother died) and had taken the kids to the Zoo. However this time we let the kids bring their swimsuits so they could splash around in the water spout area. That was so much fun and they played in the water for hours. This seemed to be the big attraction at the Zoo. So many kids were splashing and playing.

Of course we also made a quick trip through some of the other areas of the zoo, but didnt feel like we HAD to go see everything this time, now that we have the passes.

When we got home from the Zoo, Hayden was worn out! He laid down for a while. A few hours later I decided to put up the girls pool. It is a pretty big vinyl pool that is about 3 1/2 foot deep. It took a couple of hours for it to fill up. It was late before it was finished (as I had to hook up the pump and put in the chemicals).

In The Pool
Sunday.....
I had intended on us visiting one of the local churches Sunday morning, but we didnt get up. I felt bad because I really wanted to visit somewhere and DONT want us to get in a habit of NOT going anywhere. I really want the Lord to direct our paths in this area of our lives. (I actually talked with a pastor this morning - Monday Morning - right before I started writing this blog - asking him about the hours for their service, if they have childre's church etc. I told him we were going to come visit next Sunday).

The girls and I got up and they were all ready to swim!! So we ate breakfast and made our beds, etc, and they were ready!! Of course Hayden is too small to get in the big pool so we had to go and buy him a small pool (his size). After they swam and played a while, Hayden came in for a nap. I got some things done around the house and we ate lunch. Then of course they were all ready to swim again... By this time the sun was in the backyard and the pool had warmed up a little bit too. They had so much fun!!

Gardening
Then late Sunday about 5 pm I got a second wind and decided to Really clean out that flower bed up front. It was in such BAD shape! I got a shovel and dug up ALL the weeds and put down some weed killer. I moved some of the plants around and made it look MUCH better! I hope they live!! This section of the flower bed is square and I would love to put a birdbath in the middle of it (surrounded by flowers - I have no flowers yet, just plants) but I will have to do that some other time. However I still need to clean out the long flowerbed on the other side of the porch (uhhh its bad too).

Computing
Monday...
So here is Monday morning and I am about to get busy doing my transcription. I hope everyone has a great day!!
!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home