I Love My Soldier: (continued) the rest of my Sunday afternoon













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, July 11, 2005

(continued) the rest of my Sunday afternoon

Camouflage
After Hayden and I got in from church, we ate lunch and I logged on to talk to Jason (Web Cam). However, Jason didn't log in until about 30 minutes later than normal (told me he had not realized what time it was and he still needed to get a shower). So about 10 minutes later he came back and we had about 20 minutes to talk (We usually have an hour). Him and Hayden spent most of this time together and Jason and I didn't really get to talk much.
Tired
The weather was starting to get bad and I got Hayden to lay down. We took a nap (ahhh I have not taken a nap in a long time). It was nice!!

Windy
As the evening progressed the weather got worse. The wind was blowing really hard and Hayden got scared. We made a big palet and slept in the living room (the BIG tree at the back of the house scares me). I woke up about 2:30 a.m. and reset my alarm (as the electricity had gone out).

When I woke up this morning there were limbs all in the back yard, and a small tree next door had fallen. It landed in the bushes between my yard and the neighbors yard. Actually I had not pulled my car up as far as I normally do and if I had the top limbs from that little tree would have landed on my car and scratched it up. So I got lucky!


2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger GI Wife said...

Seems like all us wives have been getting hit with these storms lately. I am the proud owner of a dimpled hood thanks to our last storm, 1 inch hail, oh goody.
I think I freak out worse than the kids do, they usually tend to sleep right through them, and Im huddled up in a ball on the couch...waiting

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I am glad that your damage was not any worse. Hope that you ave someone that can help you with the limbs. We did not get but just a little bit of rain yesterday and the wind was not bad either. We had taken down our two flags, and all picked up all the chairs from the yard earlier in the day. I was thankful that we did not have any bad weather.

Glad to know that you guys are safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home