I Love My Soldier: A day at the river!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Saturday, July 30, 2005

A day at the river!

Boating 2
This morning I was woken-up by the phone ringing and my husband calling to tell me to get on the web cam. We talked at a different time than we normally do (because Hayden and I had plans for today). After talking with my Sweetie, I got up fixed me and Hayden some breakfast, and started getting ready for our day. Our day (well half a day) was going to be spent at the river riding in my in-laws new boat. We had to be at their house at 12:30, loaded everyone up and met my brother-in-law Mike, his wife Julie, and their son Chris for BBQ. By the time we got to the river, got the boat in the water it was already 2:30 pm. It was so nice to be on the water riding in the boat with the wind blowing my hair and the sun beaming down on us.. ahhh it was relaxing! Hayden was having a blast and loved riding in the boat. He just grinned from ear to ear and kept saying "yeah". We stopped once and swam in the river, then decided to take the boat down to the "sand bar". We got out and swam, and the kids (Macie, Hayden, and Chris) were able to swim/play where their feet actually touched ground. We stayed there a while then road around in the river some more. THEN my brother-in-law Mike wanted to go to "the swing". No one wanted to jump but him, so I decide to be brave and swing/jump myself. Once we got there and stopped the boat we had to swim up to the bank. I looked up at this VERY STEEP hill and how high you had to climb to actually jump. There were already a few guys there jumping and when I saw them I thought "yeah I can do this". We climbed the embankment and when I got up there my heart was pounding!! The thought of holding on to this bar on a rope tide to a tree on the side of the river scared me. I thought what if I let go before I get over the water and I tumble down the hill. Well Mike was encouraging me and telling me I could do it, but I was scared to go too far up the hill. So he found me a spot a little above half way. I stood there contemplating if I was going to jump ..... and just then....I lost my balance and my feet started sliding.. OH NO! No second thoughts now.. I was going! BUT It was all good .... I just didn't go as far out in the water as I normally would have. HOWEVER I wanted to do it the right way... do it on my own, to be brave, not go only because I slipped. So back up the hill I went.. almost to the very top. I looked over at Mike and said "here I go" and there I went! Whoooooooaaaahhhhh. It was fun! I was flying through the air and when I got really far out Mike hollered at me when it was time to let go (that way I got the most out of my jump/swing). I let go and plunged through the air into the water! Now that was fun!! Well maybe that was a lot to describe me swinging off a rope into the water at the river.. but I had to give you this visual! hehe. Anyway after Mike jumped, we got back in the boat and headed back in for the day. We only spent about 3 hours at the river, but I had a great time, got some sun, and Hayden had a blast as well!


2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Glad that you guys had so much fun. I don't know about the jumping part though. I am scared of heights. The boat part sounds like it was so relaxing. Glad that you were able to talk to Jason before you guys headed out.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Jukeboxsidekick said...

That little boat guy is sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home