I Love My Soldier: Exhausted.....













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, July 07, 2005

Exhausted.....

Whew… I feel exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Mom

This morning Hayden and I slept in till 8:30 a.m. and we got up and ate breakfast. Hayden was insistent that he have a “snack” for breakfast, but after telling him multiple times that he had to eat breakfast first (I offered eggs, cereal, toast). He decided he wanted toast (which he calls “yellow butter and jelly”).

Computing
I started on my work (Medical Transcription) and stopped throughout the morning to play with Hayden, wash a load of clothes and fold some towels. After a quick lunch it was back to work to try to get as much as I could done before Jason and I talked (web cam) at 1:00.

Couples

At 1:00 it was time to talk to my Sweetie. We didn’t really “talk” that much as Hayden really wanted to spend time on the web cam with Jason and they played Tic-Tac-Toe and drew pictures, etc. Jason and I talked for just a little bit then it was time for him to go to work. I hate only having this little bit of time to talk to him each day, yet I know I am lucky (as far as being a military wife) because some military wives don’t even get to talk to their husbands that often. But when I think of how much time we would have if he was home I get really down. I miss him so much!

Shopping

After talking with Jason, it was back to work. I finished up my transcription and Hayden and I made a trip to Wal-Mart. I bought Hayden two outfits, new undies, and some Spiderman bubble bath. Then it was a stop by Little Caesars for pizza. Hayden had not had a nap all day and fell asleep on the way home. I had to carry him in and put him in the bed. My mother in-law stopped by and we chatted a little bit. She said if the weather is nice this weekend we are going to take Hayden back to Spring Valley Beach (but I don’t know how and if Hurricane Dennis will affect us).

Mowing The Lawn

After she left I got out the lawn mower and cut the grass in the front and back yard. I was so tired. I mean it’s not that hard cutting grass (even thought it was high as I didn’t cut it last week since I was so busy pressure washing). I just didn’t feel like doing it (but I had to). So I cut the grass, came in and got a nice long hot bath, gave Hayden a bath,and then started blogging.

Family Portrait

Hayden and I were looking at my Blog and he was looking at the family picture on the main page. He said “I miss daddy”. I told him I missed daddy too. Then he said “I miss Erin and Alex”. Again I told him I did too (girls gone to Indiana to visit their dad for 5 weeks). He kept looking at the picture and then said he missed Macie (my step-daughter whose mother will not allow me to have her while Jason is deployed – unless my mother-in-law gets her). He looked so sad and I just hugged him. He looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said “I miss everybody”. I thought this must be so confusing to him. I hugged him and said lets cuddle in mommy’s bed and watch a movie. He put on a big ol' smile and said ok. So….. I better get to my promise and watch a movie with Hayden.

Good night everyone!!


2 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Just checking on you. Hoping that you and Hayden are doing good.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

You sound like a great mom! Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Hope to hear from you again. You're a tough young woman (we're the same age *chuckle*). I bet your husband is just as proud of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home