I Love My Soldier: false accusations!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, July 03, 2005

false accusations!

Shocked
Today I received an e-mail devotional from a lady at the church I had attend for five years (up until the end of May, 2005)

Part of the devotional said "and the few that have left our church have made it their mission in life to try to destroy the credibility of our ministry". This really upset me because I am one of many who have left that ministry and that is FAR from my "mission in life"!

I wanted to speak for myself, and I am sure the many others who have left that ministry feel the same way and would not appreciate this false accusation. I doubt very seriously that the people who have left that ministry have made it "their mission in life" to destroy the credibility of (said ministry)!! I do not believe her striking out against those who have left that ministry is beneficial to anyone.

Personally my "mission in life" is to fullfill God's purpose for me; to share His Word and His love with others; and to love, glorify, and please Him!

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7:1-2)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (Ephesians 4:29)


In His Service,
Deanne


6 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am confused about why you feel this comment was directed to you. Did the lady mention your name? Did she say anything specific that relates to you? I have found in my life and even at my church, that if you are not guilty, you should not be defensive about a comment that was so general. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself if you were not accused.
jhar1028@yahoo.com

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Anonymous (jhar1028@yahoo.com)

Her comment "THE few that have left our church have made it their mission in life to try to destroy the credibility of our ministry," was in reference to the PEOPLE WHO HAVE LEFT THE MINISTRY.

I am one of MANY who have left the ministry.

I have since spoken with her concerning this and she said "As for the statement that I made about certain people who have left our church that have been negative, etc., this is true, whether you want to believe it or not"

YET that is not what she said in her devotional. Maybe she should have said "certain people" and "have been negative" in her blog instead of accusing those who have left of making it their mission in life to destroy the credibility of the ministry.

I felt attacked because she was talking down about the people who have left the ministry and I am one who has left.


Again in her devotional she didnt say "A few" or "SOME of the people" she said "THE few" as if she were referring to all of those who left.

"Mission in life" was also very strong terminology and that bothered me.


The thing about my blog that I love is that I am able to express my feelings openly. I am NOT guilty of trying to destroy that ministry... nor have I made it my mission in life to do so.

I am guilty however of expressing my feelings (in my blog) against someone who publically stated that "the few that have left our church have made it their mission in life to try to destroy the credibility of our ministry".

So to sum it all up.. I felt the need to defend myself (express myself through my blog) because of HER WORDING.. I was accused (ALONG with all that have left the ministry).

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am aware of your former church. One statement would bother me though, "THE few that have left our church have made it their mission in life to try to destroy the credibility of our ministry," That comment would lead me to believe that the "ministry" has voiced their concerns to the congreation in an effort to point the finger at the other person and not at themselves.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Anonymous...
if you know of my "former church", then you must know who I am (my last name). Therefore you know my email address as well? I prefer not to post negative comments against the "church" here on my blog. Even though I did express my "feelings" over the email I had received from someone at that church. If you want to email me please feel free.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I do not know you. Your "Daily Bytes" that is in the local paper lists your name and church and your website. I've always enjoyed reading your articles. God bless you in your mission in life.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Anonymous,

I have actually changed the name of the Email Ministry and the article in the local paper. It is now called "Speak Through Me". It no longer list a church that I attend. You will notice this in the July issue that will be out soon.

Thank you for comment. I am glad you enjoy the articles. If you would like to receive them via email let me know (lifebackhome@bellsouth.net).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home