I Love My Soldier: "I miss my daddy"













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"I miss my daddy"



Jason was activated January 31st, 2005. We saw him for a long weekend in Mid March before they flew to Germany. Then a month later he was able to come home for an Emergency Leave because his grandmother passed away. Now almost three months has passed again. All in all Jason's current deployment today is at 5 months 2 weeks and 4 days. We miss him so much!!

We are very fortunate that we have the web cams and can talk to (and see him) daily, but this just doesnt compare to having him home. Hayden (who is 3) misses his daddy so much! The longer Jason is gone, the more Hayden verbally expresses how much he misses him. I don't think Hayden understood what was going on at first, but we try to explain to him the best we can. He loves the times he gets to talk to Jason on the computer (and "play tic-tac-toe" and "draw with daddy"). Throughout the day and night Hayden will come up to me and hug me and tell me he loves his daddy, or tell me how much he misses him. He loves to look at pictures of his daddy. He has even told me before to "go get him". Then he asked me if "daddy can walk home?" I showed him on the globe how far away daddy was, but before long daddy would be home to visit again (and would fly on an airplane). I told him daddy was coming home for Christmas. Hayden jumped up and down and clapped his hands. I showed him on the Calendar when Christmas will be and when daddy will come home.

So YES, we found out that he IS getting to come home for Christmas!! Yeah!! He will be here Dec 21st and back out on January 3rd. Saying goodbye will be hard (again) and I hope it doesnt confuse Hayden too much... but once Jason leaves back for Germany in January we should only have another four months (May 2006) before he is home for good (hopefully... we still have not been given a date the deployment ends).

So in five months I will get to see my Sweetie again! Our lives have been turned upside down, inside out and every which a way. And for a couple of weeks we will have each other again.. then another four months of this hectic life!!

I will be glad when this is all over (but we have sooooo long to go).


4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger APE said...

My daughter sleeps with my husband's pillow and his picture.It looks like Aug is still a go for leave. and then another few months if his unit gets their way till he's home for go.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I'm happy to hear your husband will be home for Christmas. I hope the next 5 months fly by for you.
It is tough on the kids to understand. I found little things that seemed to help, even if just a little. I framed a picture of each of the kids and their dad. I put it by their bed and told them it's so they can see daddy when they go to bed at night and the first thing they see in the morning. Shortly before he arrived back home I did a count down chain to help my youngest understand the time left. We made a paper chain and each day he got to take a link of the chain off. Sending you huge cyber hugs and wishing you and your family all the best.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I am so happy for you all that he will be home for Christmas. I would love for my son to be able to come home for Christmas, but that is not going to happen for us. His tour should be up in February 2006 unless they extend it. So I have a long time to go until then. Thank goodness for web cams. I don't know what I would do without mine.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Thanks for being a supportive wife to us deployed ones! If it wasn't for great partners it would not be possible!
Glad you can do webcam! I used to but they blocked it!
Have a good day!
Got here through Al's girl!
Erik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home