I Love My Soldier: Joining the choir...













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, July 11, 2005

Joining the choir...

Place Of Worship
Sunday morning Hayden and I got up and went to church. I tried a different Sunday School class than I did previously (I had gone to the Young Couples Class before, but I tried one of the Women's Classes this weekend). The ladies in the class were very nice, however I may try the other couples class that Brother Jimmy teaches. I am in no rush and know that God will let me know which class I need to be in.

Jesus Fish
Sunday service was great! Brother Jimmy delivered a power message during service. I was truly blessed.
Singer
However, I am still having to get used to the difference in the music. As this is a Southern Baptist church and I have attended an inner-denominational church for the past five years. The music is not as upbeat and I don't feel like I am actually praising and worshiping like I have been able to. I am used to lifting my hands and singing my heart out and feeling like it is just me and the Lord there and no one else. Despite the difference in the music, I know the Lord wants to use me in this area and I have decided to join the choir. I am looking forward to this and know the Lord will use me for His Glory!

I am still praying that the Lord will reveal to me if this church is where the children and I need to be. Again the girls are in Indiana visiting their dad until August 7th, so they won't be back in church until August 14th. I want them to have several weeks there too to see how they feel about the different ministries that they too can serve (Wed night services, SS classes, children's choir, etc).

Last night (at home) I was listening to some Clint Brown, Martha Munizzi, Yolanda Adams, and Vicki Winans. I was blessed and was singing his praises!! Praise.... Praise His Name!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home