I Love My Soldier: Missing my girls ~ loving my family













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Missing my girls ~ loving my family

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


As most of you know, my girls are up in Indiana visiting their dad for 5 weeks. We are down 2 1/2 weeks and so we have another 2 1/2 weeks left before they come home. Hayden and I really miss them (their presence, their laughter, even their constant chatter – hmmm I wonder where they get that from ~me~, hehe). Having Jason deployed is hard enough, but having the girls gone too is that much worse!

I think of our family... Hayden and I are home in Alabama... Macie my step-daughter is with her mom (also in Alabama), my girls are 500 miles away from us in Indiana, and Jason is thousands of miles away overseas! We are just scattered about!! In our home where there is sometimes six of us... right now there is just two (me and Hayden).

The girls and I talk on the phone every couple of days and this is so refreshing to hear their voices. They are enjoying the time they get to spend with their dad, but they miss "momma" just as much as I miss them. They know I am switching out, painting, redoing their rooms and they are so excited (and that is a project I am still working on... I will post all the pics when completed).

I do admit I have enjoyed not having as much laundry to wash, food to cook, or choirs to distribute the past couple of weeks, but with all the EXTRA tasks I have picked up lately it really hasn't made that much of a difference (haven't slowed down at all). I am definitely staying busy (Don't let me fool you and make you think I am complaining because I am not; I love being busy)!! Hayden and I also are getting to enjoy more mommy/son time together too. However, I will be glad when the girls get home and at least part of our life is back to normal.

I love my husband, my children, and my family SO MUCH. I don't want a day to go by without letting all of them know how much I love them and how much they mean to me. I have heard before that "People may forget what you have given them, they may forget the things you have said, but they will never forget the way you make them feel". I want the people in my life to feel my love, to feel my devotion, to know that no matter what I will always be there, loving them, caring for them, encouraging them; being mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I want to give and show them a life of love and happiness.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)


2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

What a beautiful family you have.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Just checking in with you to see how you and Hayden are doing. Glad that you are staying busy, it sure helps keep your mind focusing on other things besides jason and the girls being gone. I know that you will be glad to have them all back home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home