I Love My Soldier: Separated by War - Being a Military Wife













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, July 29, 2005

Separated by War - Being a Military Wife

I want to share with you my Devotional today from my E-Mail Ministry called "Speak Through Me". If you would like to receive the devotional in your email please contact me at lifebackhome@bellsouth.net.

Soldier's Kiss

"Separated by War - Being a Military Wife"

"I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me." Psalm 55:16-18:

My husband Jason (Soldier in the Army National Guard) is currently overseas serving our country in "Operation Enduring Freedom". He has been deployed for six months and we have another 10 months before his deployment ends. Although I am thankful that he is in a non-combat zone, his absence in our home is hard on me, the children, and him.

Jason and I are very fortunate to both have computers. We have web cams and are able to talk to each other every day. Although this makes things easier, at the same time it is harder, because we are so much closer "emotionally" and I miss him so much. See I am more in love with Jason today than ever. When communication is ALL you have its amazing how you start to appreciate, open up and share with each other. It is so hard to not have my best friend and husband at home by my side. It is not easy, as I have had to take on additional responsibilities, make sacrifices of my own, play both mom and dad, keep the home front taken care of so he can concentrate on the job at hand, keep a marriage alive through care packages, phone calls and communication through the web cam, and to comfort children who miss him, and a three year old who just doesn't understand. It is hard.

With the divorce rate up 80% in military families, it can be a scary situation for couples separated by war. However I know our marriage is strong enough to handle this separation, and honestly it makes us cherish each other, family, and the time we spend together even more (a time that unfortunately we may have and many other couples may have taken for granted).

In previous articles (and in my blog) I have thanked our soldiers, but today I want to thank all of the other military spouses out there! I know what you are going through. Each day brings a challenge that we face without our spouse, but we endure each challenge that comes our way because we love them, we believe in them and know they are committed to the duty they have undertaken.

It has been a very difficult time, but through it all, I know God is at my side. Yes, He sustains me when my strength is gone. He knows exactly what I need and the moment I need it. He is always there. Thank you God for the strength you give me to be all that I can for you, my children, and my husband.

In His Service,
Deanne


3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I love this post. It is great. Hope things are going well for you and Hayden. Taker care and hope you have a great weekend.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Alli said...

You have a beautiful blog and family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, thank you.

God bless and keep you.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Sharon said...

Deanne

Thanks for your words of encouragement to military wives. It was a very hard year that I went through also. Doug and I have been married 24 years but I think the separation was a good thing for our marriage. Sometimes we tend to get stale and settled and take each other for granted. I learned over the 14 months that I did truly love my husband even if I did not always like him I also learned to appreciate him for all the little things he does at home. I will tell you that the readjustment process has been very difficult He has been going thru periods of depression. I have to make an effort each day to assure him that I do need him I got very independent while he was gone and was able to handle a lot of situations on my own I tend now to do the same but he needs to be included. I thought the first month was going good it was like a honeymoon but then reality set in Lots of prayer lots of patience and we will make it but I understand why the divorce rate is up for deployed soldiers. It is not easy and no one can explain it to you until you live thru it

You are in my prayers

Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home