I Love My Soldier: Shake yourself loose!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, July 31, 2005

Shake yourself loose!

Handcuffed
This morning Hayden and I again went back to the church we have attended for the past 5 years (but have been absent from the past two months). Today was again another awesome service and again I was truly touched. I felt "at home" and felt a reassurance that I was where God wanted me to be. At the end of the service the Praise Team was singing (Denean was singing "Say the name") and Pastor Scott was doing an alter call. Many people were going down. Denean continued to sing and Pastor Scott was saying he felt that there were others who needed to come down. Then a few minutes later he called me out by name and told me he wanted to pray with me. I made my way to the alter and he asked me to come up on the stage. He called over his wife (Traci) and he asked Russell to bring the oil. I can't begin to tell you how I felt. They know my hurt and needs concerning my husband's deployment and all that I am going through in that regard... also he (and the staff) know of some personal things in my life and his prayers (and his wife Traci's prayers) really comforted me and made me feel love (not only from God, but from my pastor and church family as well). Today was a day to rejoice.. to be glad! Again I can't begin to tell you how I felt today. A need was met and a heart was mended. I am truly excited about being where I am and again becoming an active part of this ministry.

Also I want to share some of the lyrics from "Shake yourself loose" by Vickie Winans

There are more lyrics than this, but I wanted to just touch base and share some of it with you - as the song is very long)

You said you've been bound up
Looking for a way to break free
The devils got you tide up
Listen to these words from me.
Your situation may seem hopeless but it's not the end
Though you are burdened and have shackels on your feet
I want you to know you're about to break loose
Jesus took the keys and he gave 'em to you

I heard you were feelin down
That satan had you bound
No you don't have to stay,
Yes you can leave today
Just like in the Bible days
When men begin to pray
Those prayers will start to shakin
those chains will start to breakin
I want you to know you're about to break loose,
Jesus took the keys and He gave them to you.

So heres what cha gotta do!
Shake Loose!
Everything that binds you up.
Who told you that you can't make it
When God said that you can take it
Shake Loose!
Everything that binds you up
Praise Him like it's your last chance
Get up and do the David's dance.

Don't let the enemy, keep you in bondage
Praise your way through
C'mon and shake loose!

And every worry, every pain
Praise your way through
C'mon and shake loose!


Praise...Praise His Name!
Deanne


2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous tracy said...

I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK HOME DEANNE!!!
I know it feels good. As I read your Sunday post I could almost feel what you felt as the pastor asked you up and prayed for you. It always feels so good to know that God is that much concerned about us.
Love Ya Girl!
TRACY

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger J. said...

Hi Deanne, just checking in to see how you are! Your site is still looking great. (I voted for you:) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home