I Love My Soldier: uhhhh what a day!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, July 12, 2005

uhhhh what a day!

I am having a horrible day!

Mean
After working all day (medical transcription) and stopping throughout the day to play with Hayden, I decided I needed to get out in the back yard and pick up the hundreds of sticks and limbs that were scattered across my lawn, deck, and concrete. UHHH I sure could have used some help..... It was not fun at all. I sure wish the girls would have been home to help me. In addition to the limbs and sticks there were hundreds of leaves and tiny pieces of bark, etc all over the back drive (concrete) too. I thought "Hey, I'll just use the leaf blower and blow them to the side". WRONG! Apparenty I don't know how to start the dag'on leaf blower!!! Ok.. I decided to just get this big push broom and do some more manual labour and clean it up that way. Boy, that was exhausting! Then I thought I would go ahead and weed eat the front yard and just cut grass another day (yep, the grass looks tall again. Well guess what??? I don't know how to start the weed eater either!!! Just great!!! This is not working out for me. HEY.. at least I do know how to start and use the lawn mower (but that will get done another day - I'm just too frustrated to get out there today). I am feeling really really frustrated!
Blah
To top it all off.. Jason and I got into a spat today (again it's hard work to make a marriage work when you live in the same house, but it's 100 times harder when you're thousands of miles apart for 14 months). Unfortunately today we didn't really make-up when we said goodbye. I really feel bad about it.. BUT (there is always a but isn't there) I don't feel like I was wrong in the situation, so I stood my ground (yeah sounds a little immature... I know, I know.. I should have just spoken and made the peace). Well.. there's always tomorrow.

Sneaky

AND I have been trying for TWO days to get a hold of my ex-husband so I can talk to my girls (who are visiting him for 5 weeks) and he will not return my phone call!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

update.. the girls called me (apparently their dad is working a night shift and they haven't heard the phone). Plus the girls spent the night with a friend the past two nights. Anyway.. his wife saw where I called and had the girls call me. Hearing their voices made my day so much better!!!


1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger GI Wife said...

Ya know, out of all the wives blogs I read, I was beginning to think me and Joe were the only ones that fought while he was away.
Im so sorry you and yours did, but Im so glad were not alone. That there are others feeling the strain of separation like we are.
The making up IS great, but youre right, it would be so much better if we could do it face to face...wink,wink.

Thanks for your thought and prayers for Joe, think hes gonna need all the help he can get right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home