I Love My Soldier: Worth it













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, July 21, 2005

Worth it

Lipstick

"What I have with him is worth it. It is worth every lonely night, every tear I cry from missing him, and the pain I feel from not having him close. It is worth it because he is my one and only. When I picture myself years from now, I see only him. No matter how painful distance can be, not having him in my life would be worse." - Author Unknown

I read that the divorce rate for military couples is up 80%. This really breaks my heart!. I also just talked to a lady (today) who is going through a divorce while her husband is overseas (I don’t know the circumstance or reasons for their divorce and if I did I would NOT share them, BUT the point being is that it happens. It IS reality). I love Jason so much and we have openly talked about the issues of how and why people are getting divorced. We have vowed to not let this happen to us. We are doing everything we can to make the best of our marriage while he is away. He is my other half and without him in my life I would be incomplete! The quote I found above says it best... "no matter how painful distance can be, not having him in my life would be worse". I pray for Jason and for our marriage daily. I pray that we stay focused on the love we have for each other and our commitment. I pray for strength to stay away from situations and people that would tempt us. I pray for peace in areas of stress that may cause us to fight. I stand strong on our commitment to each other and our commitment to God. I have faith that our marriage will not be broken, because I know God is with us, He is our strength!


3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger mlwhitt said...

Best wishes to your husband. Tell him that we all say thanks for his service.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger APE said...

I know the divorce rate for the military is scary. When mine went away I was so scared of that, what if we grow apart, what if this what if that. I just have to go off the strenth of our marriage we work hard to get it where it is. Communacation is the key.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

I don't know what you're going through...but I do feel your emotions in your words. One thing for sure is you both seem to fight hard to make it work. Sometimes, and I hate to admit this, I take my husband for granted. I don't tell him I love him enough. I don't always cuddle with him when I turn in. I don't always greet him at the door with a kiss and a hug. Reading about how much you miss your husband makes me want to work harder at my relationship. Thanks for being transparent...it is a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home