I Love My Soldier: Wow! What a productive weekend!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, July 18, 2005

Wow! What a productive weekend!

House

We have out grown our house! It has three bedrooms, two baths, living room, dinning room, kitchen, utility closet, and den, (and a separate garage). Of course Jason and I have the Master Bedroom. Hayden has had his own room. The room across from Hayden’s has been my office (since I work from home). The girls (Erin and Alex) (and Macie that we normally have every other weekend when Jason is not deployed) have a room in the den! Yep we basically converted the big A-framed den into a giant bedroom for the girls (Divider down the middle of the room separating Erin and Alex). This had been o.k. but it just looked cluttered (no matter how much I tried to organize it). Jason wants us to sell and move into a larger home (with LAND) when he gets back home. Of course some home improvements will need to be made. One thing he mentioned a while back was that the girls could not be in the den (It is a beautiful room and I know he wants to show off the floors and walls to sell it. Honestly, we would have a hard time selling it with ALL the girls STUFF back there). Of course I think he was planning on putting all the girls in the room that is my office (I don’t see how that will work … That room is way too small for three girls… too much stuff).

Erin just turned 11, Macie is 9 and Alex recently turned 9. Erin more than anyone really wants her own room (I don’t blame her – and she needs it). So I have started on rearranging and home improvements. I had already moved my desk into our bedroom (temporarily). I am going to move Erin into Hayden’s room. Since Erin has the bunk bed futon Macie will continue to sleep on the top bunk (when she starts coming back to visit). I know Erin really wanted her own room, but when Macie starts coming back it will only be every other weekend so that is ok. Alex will get my old office (Alex has a twin bed). Hayden will get the big den in the back. Which will look much better as his furniture/toys will not be anywhere as crowded as having ALL the girls stuff back there. It is going to look so nice.

Paint And Brush

So… I started on Erin’s room this weekend. Painting, etc. WOW! It is SOOOO beautiful!! After I finish my typing/work (Medical transcription) today I will be moving her bed and the rest of her things to her new room. I will post pics later tonight or tomorrow (in this post).

Of course Alex’s room is next and I will be working on it in the evenings during this week and hopefully finishing it up by next weekend (hopefully). I can’t wait to get it all finished.

The girls will be back from their dads on August 7th, so as long as I have it completed by then I am ok. They know I am doing this, but they will be so excited to see the beautiful results!

I'm So Proud

I think Jason will be proud of me for fixing things up and making it look so nice! I know I am proud of myself!

Mowing The Lawn

P.S. I also cut grass this weekend too and I (FINALLY) figured out how to start the weed eater!! Hehe (see previous post about the day last week that I was sooo aggrivated I actually cried because I couldnt get the weedeater started). All in all the house and yard are looking great!! I am staying REALLY busy but it all looks so nice!


3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

I was beginning to get worried about you. You had not posted all weekend long. Glad that things are going good for you. At least all the moving and painting will keep your mind occupied and busy for a short time.

Glad to know you had a productive weekend. Can't wait to see the results.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wishing you all the best and keeping you're family and husband in my thoughts and prayers. My husband just returned from 21 months away. It seems like you got the right idea, stay busy. That seemed to help me through the long lonely days.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

What a task! I can't wait to see the rooms when they are finished. I'm a terrible painter...I make a mess, and I'm so slow. I've got to paint my bedroom and I'm not excited about one bit, except that I know it will look so much better when it's done.

Your husband must be so proud of you for taking care of things like that. I've never push mowed a yard or had to weed-eat...my dad never let me and BayouPaPa never let me. Don't know why really. I've never said I wouldn't help...I'm actually kind of embarrassed to admit it. *blush*

You don't work yourself too hard in that heat. They actually had heat advisory warnings out here, and you're not that far away from LA. (Oh, goodness, now I sound like your mother.) ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home