I Love My Soldier: Hayden's 2nd Day at school













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hayden's 2nd Day at school

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today was Hayden's second day at school. Today is the "Daycare" day (He went from 8:00 am - 11:00 am). He had some of the same kids in his class, but had the daycare teacher instead of the 3K teacher (that he has on Tues and Thurs). He again was very excited about going to school. I admit I was a little nervous when I went to pick him up (especially after he told on himself yesterday). Well today he didnt even get the chance to tell on himself. When I walked in the room they were all sitting quietly at their tables watching a movie and a little girl spoke up when I walked in the room and said "he was bad today in chapel". I looked over at him and he looked really sad and put his head down. He got up to get his back pack and I asked his teacher what happened. She said he didnt want to sit still in chapel and when she asked him to, he screamed "No" at her. She said she asked him if he wanted to go see Mrs. Cheryl (The Director) and he polietly said"no". However according to Hayden he did get put in the corner. She said besides telling her no that he was well behaved and played well with the other children. She said several children are having to learn to adjust to the classroom, rules, and being in a school setting. She said he will adjust. She was very nice. Hayden was really quiet (kind of like he was embarrased). He quietly told his teacher goodbye and we walked out the door. As we walked down the hallway he was very quiet and looked up at me and said "I like my school mommy". I told him I was happy that he liked school, but if he wanted to continue to go to school that he had to be nice and mind his teacher. He smiled and said "Yes maam". WHEW! What an experience this is turning out to be. I do hope he adjusts soon. I know this will be good for him.


4 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

He will adjust in no time at all. He too cute to stay in trouble.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. Yes he will adjust, and Mom will too. It is
always harder on Mom than it is on the child. He will do fantastic.
You are doing a great job. Take Care.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger GI Wife said...

first day of my little ones school, I went in and offered her a roll of duct tape to help keep him in place, she just cracked up and said she was used to it and just as excited as they were.
After the first couple weeks, he got the hang of it and hes turned out to be the best behaved out of my bunch, she was a great teacher. They make all the difference in the world!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

He is soo cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home