I Love My Soldier: Hayden's First Day at 3K













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hayden's First Day at 3K

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hayden will be attending 3K on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:00 am - 11:00 am. He will go to daycare on Wednesdays for the same hours (a different teacher on Wednesdays).

Today was his FIRST day! He was soooo excited this morning. As the girls were up and getting ready for school I explained to him that he was going to go to school too. After getting ready he put on his backpack and anxiously sat in the living room waiting for everyone else to be ready. He was so cute!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After dropping the girls off at school Hayden and I went to the church that holds the daycare/kindergarten that he attends. He just grinned from ear to ear as he got out of the car and put on his backpack. We walked hand in hand in the school and when we got to his room he patiently waited behind a little girl so that he could say hello to his teacher and hang up his back pack. He sat in a chair beside the back packs and let me snap his picture. Then he wondered over to the other children and didnt hesitate about telling me goodbye. He was sooo ready for 3K!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At 11:00 I went back to the school to pick him up. On the 3K days (Tues and Thurs) I will pick him up at the playground. He was having a good time playing with the other children, but seemed happy to see me as well. He told his teacher goodbye and waved and said "Bye friends".

When we got in the car I asked him about his day and if he had fun. He said "yes maam". Then he said "I was bad". I thought "oh no!". Then he told me he had to stand in the corner. I knew the rules "We use our hands to help, not to hurt". I said this to him and he just put his hands over his face. I said it again and then said "ok?". He said "Yes Maam". The reward and consequences reflect on a clothes pin with their name on it. If they break a rule the clothes pin gets moved down the red light. If they dont get their clothes pin moved down the red light they get a sticker for the day (once they collect so many stickers they get a prize from the treasure box). However if their clothes pin gets moved once - they get a verbal warning, twice - then a 1 minute time out, three times - then a 3 minute time out, four times a note to parent and a phone call if necessary. So there was not a note in his folder so I am hoping they only moved his clothes pin twice. I asked him if anyone else got in trouble and he said a girl and a boy did. Hopefully he will adjust to following the rules of his teacher soon. This will be really good for him.

When we got home we opened his back pack and saw the color sheet he colored me today. I told him how he had done a great job and how I loved the colors that he used. I told him "Thank you". He gave me the biggest smile and hug and said "You're Welcome".

Tomorrow he goes back, but it will just be daycare for three hours. Thursday he goes back for 3K. I am really excited about this opportunity for Hayden.


5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Lisa Price said...

Oh my gosh!! He is sooo cute. It is really great to know Hayden and the girls are doing well. What a little gentleman already. I hope Jason's pains are getting better, and your finger is healing. Keeping you all in my prayers, Lisa

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

He is so cute. I bet you are going to have to fight the girls off of him. The rules will be good for him, and he will adjust quickly. I bet that you are lost without any kids in the house for several hours a day.

Hope everything is going well for you all.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Well I asked Hayden again what happened.. lol he said "The mean mommy did it". ohhh Hayden?? I guess he was referring to the teacher. I asked "did what"? He said "Put me in corner". I told him that his teacher was NOT mean and that he had to follow her classroom rules. He said "Yes Maam". I asked him what he did to get put in the corner and he said "crawled under table". So maybe they were supposed to be working and he went under the table instead. He has VERY good manners, but has been going through a defiant stage lately. I know he will adjust quickly at school and it will be good for him.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger GI Wife said...

Hes gonna be a heart breaker!
;)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

Hayden is very cute. I noticed that you have 3 older girls and a boy. I also have 3 older girls and a boy, Nathan 7months. My husband is deployed in Iraq till February 2007 through the National Guard. I will be praying for you and your little ones - I do know how hard it is. Lynette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home