I Love My Soldier: Letting my light shine FOR Him!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, August 04, 2005

Letting my light shine FOR Him!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Many of you have heard me talk before about the Christian E-mail Ministry that I write "Speak Through Me", which is also an article (with the same name) in a monthly Newspaper. This paper is distributed to over 29,400 homes on a monthly basis (with my picture posted beside my article). My articles have been published in this paper now for three years. In my home town I have recently started having people recognize me from my photo or either recognize me by name. Just today I had called a local church that provides a preschool kindergarten to get information to register my son and when the lady asked my name and I told her, she said "Oh you are the lady that writes that article". It seems in the past few months I have heard this many times. People will tell me "Great article" "I was so blessed". How do I react to such comments ... well I praise the Lord!! It confirms to me that people are reading what the Lord is giving me to say. That HIS word is being spread (WOW 29,400 homes a month - if even just half of those homes read my article that is still astonishing - I am allowing the Lord to Speak Through Me.. and people are receiving HIS word). I have a binder at home that holds copys of each devotional that has been published in the paper, and every devotional that I send out through the e-mail ministry.. on the outside of the binder is the scripture that fits perfectly for my act of service "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven". Matthew 5:16. See it's not for my glory, but for His!


6 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Temujin said...

That's really cool. Here's to 60,000 homes per month in the next three years!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't been around...school is starting up soon. I will answer the "tag" just as soon as I can get to it.

It is so great that you are using your gift of writing to give God glory. I am blessed by what you write here...so I'm sure your devotionals are touching many lives as well.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Peaceful Selah said...

Hey again! Where can we get a copy these devotionals? I have been looking for a good to read, and if your blog is a sample of that devotional, then I'm sure it would be simply wonderful!

Thanks!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Maegan (Peaceful Selah) - You can email me at lifebackhome@bellsouth.net and I will add you to my email list. I put all email addresses in the BCC so your email address is NOT shared with anyone.

Thank you!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Emmy said...

You are an amazingly strong woman. I read your blog and I feel very humbled. Stay strong and let God always lead you down the path! God Bless.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

You are a very amazing lady. I really enjoy reading your post daily.

Hope thing are going well you you and Hayden. I know that you both will be glad when the girls get back home.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home