I Love My Soldier: Missing my soldier!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Missing my soldier!

Troop Smiley 1
I have met a wonderful lady by the name of Stacy who's son, Michael, has been activated for the past year and deployed in Iraq since January 2005. Well he is home right now for R&R. While looking at her blog and reading the excitment and emotion in her words, and looking at their pictures I just cried with joy for them. It was so wonderful to see his homecoming. I could just feel her emotions and was so happy for them.

I Miss You

As I cried reading her blog, I thought about my soldier (my husband Jason) and what it will be like for me, his mom, and our children when he comes home for R&R in December. I can't wait to see him in person face to face! I can't wait to wrap my arms around him, to hold him and give him a big ol kiss!

I love him sooooo much and the past week has been hard on us (as you will tell by reading my posts below). I am just so emotional right now! The kids are in bed and the house is quiet and there are no distractions... my mind is on my other half, my love! For the past 6 months our lives have been turned upside down and we have another 10 more to go! This is so hard! Oh Lord give me strength! I miss and love him sooooooo much!!


4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Lisa Price said...

Deanne,
You've been through some tough times since the deployment and of course there are sure to be more to come. However, the bright side to that is that you have a strong and powerful Love for your husband and an immense Faith in God. Another day almost completed, and that is one day closer to seeing your Soldier. In my prayers, Lisa

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Hey Lisa,
Thank you for your words of encouragment! You are so right.. each day passed is a day closer to him being home!

Thank you for your kind emails as well. AND I can't wait to get the books in the mail (Thank you!!).

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger APE said...

Hang in there my heart is breaking for you. I hate to see when such wonderful people are hurting. Stay strong and keep the faith. I know it's hard to stay strong on the outside when on the inside your just breaking down. Again we all have our moments and in time they will pass. The funny thing is when your hubby does come home you will look back and all that time you waited will disapear, and you'll wonder where it went.

April

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Thanks for the nice post. I had hesitated about even posting about him coming home, and especially before he had arrived. I knew that there were other families that had not seen their soldiers yet, and I know that it is hard when you see other people ranting and raving about their soldier coming home. I also did not want to spread the word, and then at the last minute him call and tell me he had been delayed. I would have been heart broken, and also would have to tell everyone, sorry, he was delayed. So for me it all worked out wonderful. Thanks for all your support. It has been very needed.

I have faith that you and your husband will work everything out. Keep your head up high.

Thanks again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home