I Love My Soldier: The path to where we are heading.













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, August 12, 2005

The path to where we are heading.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Word says "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11. So many times I have wanted to be content in my particular circumstances but it is something that is often much easier said than done. However as I studied the above scripture I realized that circumstances do not have to control us. Contentment is a choice I make to fully trust in God to do what is best for me. I can only be content in my circumstances because I know God will lead me through it. We must learn to be content where we are, because where we are now is only part of the path to where we are heading. Having contentment and peace in our lives is an attitude of our heart. No matter what the circumstances, we should be able to reflect God's love, acceptance, and forgiveness with others because by doing so we are allowing Him to use us where we are now. No, we may not enjoy all the circumstances we find ourselves in, and yes many of them are very uncomfortable, but I know they are no where as uncomfortable as when Christ was on the cross. If He can do that for me (and you) then we can chose to be content, to learn and grow from the circumstances in our lives, to know God has a plan to use us where we are right now, and that the path ahead is greater than we ever imagined.


2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Lisa Price said...

Deanne, There ya go girl. You are on the right path. Keep your head up. In my prayers~Lisa

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jeffrey W. Bennett said...

Thanks for the great reminder that God does love us and he gave everything. WE should always rejoice no matter what circumstance we find ourselves in. We do have a choice of how we react to our surroundings. It's that walk with the Lord that helps keep it all in perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home