I Love My Soldier: Sunday - healing













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday - healing

Place Of Worship
This morning the kids and I went to church. Which church did we go to? Well, I made the decision to go to the Interdenominational Church (we have attended the past 5 1/2 years). It was an awesome Sunday. Richard and Leslie Scrushy were visiting and Richard Scrushy gave an awesome sermon on "forgiveness".

Prayer
At the end of service, Pastor Scott was asking people to come down who needed a physical healing. As people were going down and Leslie Scrushy was praying over them, I felt the need to go down and pray for Jason. If you have read my blog (or if you know me personally) you may know that about a year and a half ago Jason was in an accident and suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury. This was 10 months before he was deployed (I still believe he should have NEVER been deployed). He is having some neck and head pains as a result of his accident. He also has a torn meniscus (an injury he as acquired since deployment). I am very concerned about him. He had appointments lined up, but since he got moved to a new base (and city) he will have to have those appointments lined up again. Richard and Leslie prayed with me concerning Jason's health and deployment.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As many of you may know (or have read in my blog) my oldest daughter Erin (11) seems to be going through a hard time. She just feels like kids don't like her. She is such a beautiful, sweet, and kind hearted girl and it just breaks my heart to see her so down. She simply says that the kids at the church we have been going to (past 5 years) don't like her. She also says that the kids at school don't like her either (however she has made a couple of new friends that came from another school). She told me this morning that she feels like she only has one friend (and this is a little girl that many of the other kids don't like). She says that when she tries to talk to other kids that they just don't have anything to do with her. She says kids think she is "weird". I asked her if anyone has said this to her and she says no, but she can just tell they don't like her. I don't understand why kids would not like her (or why she thinks kids don't like her). I don't see her interaction with other children (in school or during children's church) and I am not sure if children are actually not talking to her, or if she is not putting much initiative forward. I know she is shy and I do believe she is putting forth some effort, but I believe she is hurt and is afraid of rejection. She said today she went to sit down by a girl at church and the girl said that seat was saved. Erin sat somewhere else, but that no one ever sat in the seat that the girl said was saved. I am really concerned about her. I love her so much and want to see her happy. Please keep Erin in your prayers. Please also pray that the Lord will guide me in how to handle this situation, the right things to say and do.

Place Of Worship

We had planned on going to the Southern Baptist church tonight (for Sunday Night Service - This is the church Erin does like because of the kids there) but my youngest daughter Alex has a stomach ache and is laying down now. Hopefully Alex will get to feeling better so we can go to church tonight. I am anxious to see how Erin reacts tonight after service.

UPDATE 5:11 pm.. Erin and I had a heart to heart talk.. We think a lot of her depression may be from starting back on her Concerta - she herself said this. She has done this before when starting back on her medication (after being off during the summer). I also believe some of the issue are hormones (ohhh yes hormones). Anyway..the kids and I are going to rent a movie tonight and cuddle up and relax.


Camouflage
Jason got moved to the new location. He called me from a payphone and told me to call him on his cell phone (as the DSN line he wanted to call me from was not working). So I made an international phone call and we talked for about 25 minutes. That call will cost me a lot and I am hoping that they get the DSN line working/figured out soon so that Jason can call me using some of the calling cards he has (if anyone wants to donate any calling cards.. please feel free)!! Hopefully soon he will get internet access again and we can start chatting on the cams. BUT he may be moved from the building he is in now in 30 days so if that is the case he will not even be able to check into getting internet service for at least another 30 days or more. We just don't know yet (isn't that typical in the army life). I talked to him about how he was feeling and he said his knee is hurting really bad. I asked about his head and neck and he said it is not as bad as it has been. I pray for him daily (many times a day)!!! He seems down with the move, the schedule, and the way things are being done there, and with his health too, and with missing and being separated from us ... things are just not good. Please keep him in your prayers.


9 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Deanne, Remember The Power Of A Praying Parent. It has wonderful inspiration to also help you through this difficult time. Erin is in my prayers and I will continue to pray for Jason, You and the kids.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Hope Alex is feeling better this evening. Hugs and Friendship, Lisa

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

(Hey Everyone.. I wanted to share this Email that I received from Lisa - my Dear friend in Texas)

Deanne,
I thought I would try to email you my own opinion and/or advice. Erin is so much like other girls her age. Everything is changing and it is changing very fast. Hormones are at a raging fury between 9and 13 yrs of age. Her self esteem may just be from lack of understanding why her body feels different and she may even be suffering from mild depression. Let her know she is not the only one that feels like kids dont like her. The very kids that she thinks dont like her may think she doesnt like them either. And if it is any consolation, my best friends daughter went through the same thing last year. She was encouraged to continue being her friendly self, but to smile at the ones who frown. She is a beautiful girl and will certainly go far in life. She needs a pick me up too sometimes. (DONT WE ALL)!! Remember the song I sent you? Play it for her loud and proud and dance like no ones watching. I bet you get a smile out of ERIN, and in turn, YOU will smile. I continue to lift you and your family up in prayer many times a day and I have faith that things will improve.

Yes, I would love to donate calling cards, but HOW?

Talk to you soon,
Lisa

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read about your Birthday. Happy Birthday from one military spouse to another. That was so kind of Jason's Mother to send flowers from the children. Have a good one

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Sharice (anonymous last entry) said...

ok thought I should make it a little clearer. I know Lisa in Texas but I live in Flagstaff,Az. Lisa has told me about your Blog and has kept me updated about you and your family requesting prayer. She told me of your email regarding your birthday. I am just now able to read your Blog and I think it is awesome.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Deanne,

You guys are always on my mind. I can not imagine how hard it is to take care of three children, a house, and everything else that comes with a deployment. Hang in there, and hopefully it will all work out.

Tell Erin to keep her head up high, and remember that there are people that care about her.

I sure wish we lived closer, and I would hlep you out, since my one and only is 21. He leaves this Thursday at 1100. We have had a wonderful visit, but sure hate to see it end.

If there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Hey... I didnt mention in my Blog that I got flowers from the kids (and thought my mother-in-law sent them).. hehe. hmmm Lets see????

I got Flowers Saturday the card read "Happy Birthday Mommie, We love you". I asked my mom if she sent them for the kids.. she said no. I asked Jason if he sent them for the kids.. he said no. I assumed it was my mother-in-law (who went out of town).. HOWEVER I checked with her this morning and it wasnt her.

So....now.. I am thinking it was my friend Lisa (In Texas) that sent them for the kids. Or maybe it was her friend Sharice? hmmm? :-)

It was a VERY sweet thing to do... I appreciated it sooooo much!

((HUGS))

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Julie said...

HI Deanne..just came over to visit your blog and I just wanted to tell you that you are in my prayers. Erin's age a tough one. I remember Elizabeth going through that pre-adolescent time and it's a touchy time for sure! Alot of patience and love and prayer are the best things I can tell you. I know that things are tough right now but I know you will be just fine. You'll find a church that you all are comfortable in and you'll find such a peace when you do. Thank you for letting us share with you and your family! God bless you! Julie

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I forgot--I love The Power of a Praying Parent and I also love The Power of a Praying Wife. They are both excellent sources for encouragement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home