I Love My Soldier: Talked to my Sweetie













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, August 08, 2005

Talked to my Sweetie


Jason and I DID talk today..well he was very quiet (I did most of the talking). I just kept showing him love and trying to make things better. He was obviously still upset with me about our disagreement, but he had other things on his mind too. He (and 6 other soldiers from the platoon he is in) along with a total of about 12 or so other soldiers from two of the other platoons at other bases are being moved in two weeks to another location! It is about two hours away from where he is now. Of course we don't know if he will have internet connection there or not (I am praying that he does as I have been spoiled by getting to talk to him so much). I am also concerned about his leave that was approved for his 2 week R&R at Christmas. Will that still be approved at the new location? I hope so!!! I am ready to see my Sweetie!! He didn't seem too thrilled about the move, but of course he will do whatever he is told. He will have to get settled in again, with the route and MP duties required at the new location, a new room, new fellow soldiers, etc. I am a little upset too because he had finally gone to see the doctor there and is now having to move. Once he gets settled in, hopefully he can be seen by a doctor at the new location (for his knee pain - which they said was a torn meniscus and also the pain/cricking in his neck - which is a result of his accident - TBA 'traumatic brain injury' back in March 2004).

So most of Jason's talking today had to do strictly with what was going on there. There was not much general chit chat, lovey dovey talk, or our normal conversation...but hey atleast we were talking.. we haven't done much of that the past few days (since our disagreements). So that is a step in the right direction (and I just kept being sweet and loving). When it was time for him to go to work and we were getting of the web cam he did say "I love you"... so that put a BIG smile on my face.

Things will get better... stress is just really high right now and there is just a lot going on. BUT we will make it through all of this.


3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Making progress. It will all work out just fine. I will keep saying a little prayer for you.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Ginger said...

Love your blog. I have been reading it for several months. Do you mind me asking what you and Jason are disagreeing about? I know it is personal, but I was wondering if it is the same issue my husband and I are facing while he is overseas.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Ginger,
Without going into the personal details it has to do with two things.

1). First arguement was over something he said he does, which he doesnt do. Maybe he thinks he does, but he doesnt. See he suffered a TBI about a year and a half ago and sometimes his memory is NOT good at all. This was one of those times. When I told him he had not done this particular thing in three years he became VERY angry with me and thought I was lying. It got ugly (on his part).

2). The second is a control issue (him having total control) and although I am a VERY submissive wife, I cant let him have TOTAL control and make every decision in my life (especially when he is thousands of miles away).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home