I Love My Soldier: A visit to the ER













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, August 08, 2005

A visit to the ER

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I cut my finger (knuckle) last night and had to go to the ER and get two stitches and a tetanus shot.

It happened about 9:30ish. The girls were due home about 10:15 pm so I called my mom and she came and watched Hayden and was here when the girls got home while I went to the ER. It was about 11:15 pm when I got back home.

It really hurts this morning and I can't bend it.

I cut in on the side of a drawer. I was cleaning/rearranging last night before the girls got home and was putting some things in Erin's dresser ... I had all the drawers open left and right side.. I was putting something in the drawers on the right side and moved my left hand and my knuckle slide across the rail thing that holds the drawer in (on the left side) (it cut me just like a razor blade would). It was pretty deep. I didnt panic though. I just put pressure on it and ran to the kitchen. Surprisingly it didnt bleed as much as I would have thought it would, but I could see pretty deep. I cleaned it out with an anesthetic wipe from Jason's first responder medic bag, and called my mother.

The ER gave me a tetanus shot, sewed me up, and also gave me a prescription for some antibiotics. He said the stitches will need to come out in 10 days. He said to take the antibiotics and make sure to watch for signs of infection.

It hurts pretty bad...(I am about to go take some Advil).

I am typing really slow (since it hurts and I can't bend my finger). I guess I don't need to be too worried about not being able to bend it right now since it just happened last night. I am going to call the doctor in a bit and see if they can see me in 10 days to remove the stitches.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As far as my girls!!! I hate that I was not here when they got home. My mom said they were really exicted about their rooms (I know I still need to take and post pics). When I got home from the ER they just hugged me and hugged me. It was soooooo good to see them. 5 Weeks was a long time to be gone (visiting their dad in Indiana) and I am so glad to have them home. Hayden is glad to have his sisters back too. And the kitty "Cuddles" is adorable (I will have to take and post a pic of her soon too).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well my finger is hurting and I still need to try to get a little bit of my work done (without pushing it too hard - ya know!). Have a great day everyone!!

(P.S. still praying that things go better for me and Jason today!!!!)


6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous becky said...

I think today will be a good day. I prayed and prayed for us to get through this and this morning was like a whole new day! I'm sure that today will be just as good for you. :)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I sure am sorry to hear about your finger. Hope it is feeling much better.

I also hope that you and your hubby are able to chat today and work things out. I am sure that alone would make you feel a little better.

Glad the girls made it home safely.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about your finger. I hope it heals soon. I will pray for you both and pray things will smooth out between you two. I don't know if it helps or not to hear this, but fighting when they are away is pretty common. I know my husband and I went through some tough times while he was away. Most of it was due to stress we were both under. The stress of the situation, stress of being apart. In the end it did work out and only made our marriage stronger. I'm praying that is the case for you two also.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger APE said...

Ouch, I know that hurts I got mine with a butter knife down to the bone. Girl take care of yourself, I'm praying for you and your husband. On the bright side your girls are home take comfort in them. If you need to talk email me I'm always here.
flacm@yahoo.com

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Monica said...

I'm sorry about your finger and will be praying that it heals quickly. I hope you and Jason had a better day today. I'm glad to hear the girls made it home safely. Tell them hello for me.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Thanks Ladies!!
My finger has hurting pretty bad today (when I was using it too much). But I am actually taking off work tomorrow (Tuesday) so that I can rest if from all the typing I have to do (which was NOT good for my newly injured finger). It has swollen up today, but I did start the antibiotics and also have some pain pills (the Advil was NOT strong enough). I don't really like narcotics so I have only taken ONE all day.

As for me and Jason you will see in my new post that we did get to talk, could have been better, but could have been worse (Hey atleast we did talk). Yes stress is high right now with things going on at home with me and with things going on there with him. It's really really hard, but we will make it through. When the going gets tuff.. the tuff get going.. and you just have to keep going (ya know.. there is no other choice). People will tell me "I dont see how you do it, I dont think I could do it".. well what choice do I have? I have to keep going.. I have no other choice. So I take the good days and I take the bad and I make the best out of it. BUT I have faith that it will ALL work out for the best! Love ya ladies!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home