I Love My Soldier: What a busy week!!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, August 26, 2005

What a busy week!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wow, I have had an amazingly busy week....such much so that I havent even been able to blog (which we all know that I love to do)!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The girls are doing great in school. Alex is enjoying going to the additional classes for the gifted program and spending extra time at home reading and doing homework. She truly enjoys school and learning.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Erin too is enjoying school (ps. Her self-confidence seems up this week!!). Erin is in the Middle School Choir and they have a trip planned to New York this Spring. She has been busy selling tickets for a pancake breakfast at our local Applebees to raise money for her participation in the trip. She is so excited. She has such a beautiful voice and really enjoys being in the choir.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hayden is adjusting slowly to 3K (which again is just 3 days a week, usually just 3 hours a day, but on Wednesdays I let him stay 4 hours). He loves to go to school, but sometimes has an authority issue with the teachers. They assured me that he is not the only one and he will adjust.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have been really really really busy with work this week. Which is a good thing. Doing medical transcription I get paid for the work that I do, so obviously more work is better. However sometimes I am busy busy with work and dont make much because I have to stop so much to do other things. However with no one home for several hours 3 mornings a week it is quiet and I am able to type basically non-stop and this has been a BIG help. So 3K is working out good for Hayden and good for me!!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have been calling Jason daily (as it will be atleast a month - possibly longer - before he gets internet again). So I am having to call him on his cell phone (international call) (the DSN line that he would make outgoing calls on is not working properly). (PS. Thank you to Lisa and her friends in Texas who donated the International Calling cards for me to call Jason!! That is such a wonderful blessing!! Thank you so much!!). It is different to hear Jason's voice over the phone as opposed to the web cam/computer because it is much clearer and there is no delay (on the web cam we often can't hear as good or there is a slight delay or interference because of the distance). So we are actually able to talk without saying "What did you say". hehe. He is doing ok there, still hurting and needing to go see a doctor, but apparenty he says that all has to wait until they are through with training at this base (I dont understand why they have to go through the same training they went through already.. but is stand procedure and must be done..plus it is a different base so I guess that makes sense as things are different). It looks like they will take over MP at this base completly on Sept 1st.. so hopefully after that he will get to go to the doctor.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow (Saturday) my mother-in-law and I are taking all the kids back to the waterpark that you have heard me talk about before (Spring Valley Beach). We have had a great time the past two times we have been, and decided to get one more trip in this year.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday we plan on going back to the church we have been going to the past 5 years. There is a special Sermon this sunday and one of the assistant pastors will be speaking. He is an awesome man of God and also teaches one of the Sunday Morning Bible Study classes. He has a beautiful wife and daughter and they are truly a blessing to those who come into contact with them. I am excited about hearing him preach his first sermon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Well I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful day. I will post some more this weekend!


8 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are doing well. I do better when I'm busy to. You're so lucky that you can call your husband. I have no way of contacting mine in Iraq. We communicate almost on a daily basis via instant messanger or phone but I have to wait for him to contact me. I can email him, but it may be a day or so before he reads it. We live far enough away from his National Guard armory that I don't know any of the other wives. I jus try to stay busy to make the days go as fast as possible.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous becky said...

your weekend sounds like fun! I hope it gives you a chance to relax and have some well deserved fun.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger deannlyn said...

My husband was in Iraq for 18 months. He just returned in April. His being home is almost as difficult to adjust to as his leaving. We were only able to talk on the phone once a month, you are really blessed to talk to him daily.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Deanne, sounds like you have been as busy as myself. Keep your spirits up. Talk to you soon, Lisa

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend lined up! Hope everything went as planned & that the weather isn't getting too interesting now with Katrina honing in on the coast.

When my husband was in Kosovo, I tried to stay busy too...seemed to make the time go faster on some days. It made a big difference that we could talk pretty regularly.

I enjoyed visiting your site. I linked to you via Stacy's site. :)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger APE said...

Hey girl I'm just checking on you being down there in AL. I hope everthing is ok with you and your Family.

April

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Emmy said...

Hey...just checking to see that you and your family are doing ok. Stay safe down there and take care!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Jeff C said...

Thank you all -- especially your husband -- for the sacrifice you are making for our country. It *is* appreciated, despite what many folks, especially in my part of the country, would like everyone to believe. Please hang in there, and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

You have a beautiful family... God bless you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home