I Love My Soldier: WOW what a day













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Tuesday, August 09, 2005

WOW what a day

We had such a busy busy busy day...

I had taken the day off since my finger was hurting so bad yesterday (still hurting today and not able to bend it much), which was the perfect opportunity to get things done that needed to be done.

Dentist

To start our day off... Erin and Alex both had dental appointments this morning (bright and early at 8:00 am).

Shopping 2

From there we headed to the Galleria so Erin could spend the rest of her birthday money (from me and Jason - she is still having a party Saturday and will get presents, etc from everyone else then). She had the best time and bought so many cool and funky things for her room, etc.

From there we stopped and got her a back pack for school (they have to have clear or mesh back packs). While the girls were in Indiana I had already found a pink one for Alex (who absolutely adores pink) but wasnt sure what color to get Erin. So today she found a very pretty soft blue and black mesh back pack at Academy Sports (loved it)!

I Love You Email

Then it was home to talk to Jason. Erin talked to him for a while and they drew on the doodle pad and played tic-tac-toe. When I got on the web cam he still wasnt talking much, I tried but he was still pretty quiet (of course I wasnt sure if it had to do with me and him and our disagreements or if it had to do with him being upset because he is being moved to another location). So we played a game of checkers, which he won.. and smiled and gloated over, then of course I wanted a rematch... and you guessed it.. whooo hoooo I won. We started to talk a little more, not much and then Erin told me that Jason's Cousin "Junior" was outside. I told Jason I would be right back. Stayed out there a few minutes came back and told Jason what Junior was going to do. Jason and I said our goodbyes, I love yous and said we would talk tomorrow.

House

Junior came over to put some shingles on the roof for me that had blown off from a storm, cleaned out my gutters (again), and repaired two gutter drains that had fallen loose. I was so grateful that he came by did these things.

Daycare

After Junior left the kids and I went to Hayden's school to register him for 3 K. He was sooooo excited when we got to the preschool. I think he thought he was going to get to stay today and he was soooo dissapointed when I told him that school didnt start today. Saturday morning is Open House and we will go then and meet his teacher. He will start school on Tuesday the 16th. He is only going to go a few days a week. He will LOVE it!

and there is more to our busy busy day

Grocery

From registration we went to buy groceries... (and you ladies know how much fun that is. . .ha!).

Cool

From grocery shopping we went to the house, put away the groceries, Erin changed clothes and we headed to her school (the middle school) to take her school supplies to the appropriate classrooms and find her locker so we could put her other supplies in there and let her practice her locker combination (as this is the first year she will be at a school where she changes for every class and has a locker). We noticed several girls were decorating their lockers with wrapping paper inside (to cover previous stickers, markers, etc), and had the cute little mirrors, pencil holders, boards, and shelf in their locker. This is all REALLY cute but actually very practical too (I am such an organization maniac, I should have known to do this for her too). So off we go to buy what we needed for her locker... by the FIFTH store.. we finally found the shelf and the things we needed - and headed back to the school (which was only going to be open till 7 pm - and it was 6:40 pm when we got there). And might I say.. she has such a COOL locker!! Loved it!!!


Girl In Bed

Then it was home for a LATE dinner and baths for the kids. I helped Erin organize her room some and we put away all the clothes that had still not been unpacked from Sunday when the got home. It was getting late and I should have already had them in bed early since School starts Thursday, so we called it a night and the kids all went to bed.

Of course I still have a million and one things to do and my house is actually a mess, but that will all wait until tomorrow. I hope you all have a great night... I am off to bed.


3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Niki said...

WOW! You all sure had a busy day yesterday. I hope your finger doesn't hurt you for too much longer.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Lisa Price said...

One more day closer to having your husband home with you and the kids. Stay strong, but it is ok to cry too. Take Care, Lisa

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Sounds like you had a day like mine. Mine was actually wonderful. Best day I have had in 7 months. Go take a look and see for yourself. I am one happy momma let me tell you. Best surprise I could have ever gotten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home