I Love My Soldier: Busy, Busy, Busy













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, September 29, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yep... the word "busy" doesn't seem to justify what all is going on in my life. You may have noticed I haven't been "blogging" as much since the girls got back in school and since Hayden started 3K a few days a week. I have just been really busy (oh there is that word again).


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With Hayden in 3K, I have been really busy trying to get my transcription done (but still don't feel like I am where I should be in my work). Of course Hayden only goes to school three mornings a week, so I have him home with me the remainder of the time. He is really enjoying school (and for those who have been reading my blog a while.. I am happy to tell you that he is doing so much better with his behavior in school). He still acts out some (but of course he is 3!!!). I have been disciplining him more (which is hard for me to "spank" him - but I have made myself do it ... as the "corner and time out" or "taking a toy away" hasn't seemed to work with him - but me spanking him - and explaining WHY I am spanking him - has made a dramatic difference). He knows momma means business!!

He is such a blessing though. Even though at times he can make me so frustrated, he simply has the sweetest smile and the most beautiful blue eyes that will just melt my heart! He can turn that little head sideways and hug me and tell me he loves me and... like I said ...my heart just melts. He is so funny too... he is quite the little comedian!



The girls have been busy with school. Alex is doing really good in school and I am so proud of her. She is really putting forth so much effort to making good grades, studying, and she LOVES to read. She is really good about getting her homework done, and I go over a few things with her (spelling words, etc), but I don't have to spend too much time with her on homework. However, we do need to continue to practice those multiplication flash cards.

Alex has such a sweet demeanor. She is such a girlie girl and loves to play with toys that a lot of girls her age have outgrown...she loves hello kitty, loves to wear pink and loves to have her hair fixed and be all dolled up. She truly loves the Lord and enjoys reading the bible and learning about the Lord. She is such a blessing to me and truly puts a smile on my face.


Erin has been a busy girl lately and really enjoying being at the middle school, however I think she may be enjoying it too much. She has made a lot of new friends this year, and that is good, BUT... (don't you always hate it when there is a "but") anyway.. she seems to be struggling in school some, not as focused, and not getting homework completed like she should. See, I was trying to give her a little more "responsibility" and wasn't checking to make sure she did all her homework, but was relying on her to get it completed and trusting that she was (of course I was there to help with anything she need help with). This was all going ok in the beginning. We were studying and staying busy, but then when she quit coming to me for help, so I figured she was doing good on her own. WRONG... I got a note from one of her teachers saying she wasn't completing her homework. I told her she had to be responsible and follow through with what she was supposed to do (and if she didn't know how or was unsure about something to ask me for my help). So I realized I am going to have to check her "school planner" daily and ask to see the homework she has done each night, and help her wherever she needs help (this may also include cutting back on some of the phone calls from her friends that call during the week if it interferes with getting homework done). So we have been busy (oh that word again) with school work and studying.

Erin is such a beautiful girl (inside and out). She loves to do crafts, loves to write, listen to music, talk on the phone and hang out in her room (she loves monkey stuff). She also loves to worship the Lord and loves to sing. I am truly blessed every time I see her perform at church, or catch her singing and worshiping when she doesn't know I am looking. She is a blessing to my life in so many ways!


Parenting is hard work (especially since I am doing it all alone), but it is also a blessing beyond compare! I pray blessings and protection over my children daily! I pray that God will let me be the Godly mother that my children need.

Work is keeping me busy too... I am doing more, but like I said, I still don't feel like I am where I want to be. I need to figure out and readjust my schedule to get more done. Being busy with the kids, and the housework, and working from home takes it toll on me, but its not beyond my limits. I can do it!! (I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength!!!).

This week has been "busy" (yep that word again) at church as well. We had choir practice Tuesday night (and the kids had their practice Tuesday night as well) for this upcoming special Sunday we are having (see post below this one). Then Wednesday night the kids had practice again and then we had a midweek service. In addition to doing my daily work, chores and activities at home, I volunteered at the church Tuesday morning and got some things done there, and am going back again tomorrow morning (Friday) to help out where needed. I also have dozens of flyers to pass out and posters to hang up in the community tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this Sunday...as it will be a monumental service for our church and for the Lord!

Jason and I have been getting to talk on the phone a lot. He is really working a lot, but found out that he will actually be getting two days in a row off this weekend YEAH (the first time he has had a weekend off). BUT then he only gets 4 off days the rest of October (basically one every six days). He also found out that they will be moving to another base/living quarters mid October. This is about 30 minutes from the base they work. The living quarters will be much better than where he is living now. ALSO... that means that he will be able to get internet access in his room. However, it will take a few weeks after he gets there to get it set up... so we are looking at another month before he can use his web cam. I am sooo excited about this!!!!

OH.. he seems to be worried that they will NOT let them come home end of May/June.. and that they will keep them longer. Like I said in a previous post that base is closing in August of 2006 so he is worried they will not let them go in June 2006 and make them stay until the base closes. I pray this doesn't happen!!


Smiles everyone!!! Well I hope you all have a blessed evening and a great day tomorrow, and a wonderful weekend. Hopefully I will get to post again soon (if not, you just may have to endure another long post).



1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Tracy said...

I received a phone call from my daughter's teacher (5th grade) last week. Seems she hasn't been turning in her homework assignments, yet she tells me she's done with all of her homework. Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone in this.

TRACY O. DANIEL

P.S. I enjoy your long posts! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home