I Love My Soldier: Can't Sleep!!!!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Monday, September 19, 2005

Can't Sleep!!!!


I can't sleep. My nights have become restless. I toss and I turn. My mind is on him. I fall asleep and dream of being in his arms... only to wake up and him not be there. It has been 7 1/2 months since he first left... and we have 8 1/2 more months till he is home in my arms for good (atleast this deployment). I look forward to Christmas when he gets to come home for two weeks.. when I can look into his eyes and kiss his lips. I miss my husband, my best friend.. Oh Lord give me strength to make it through this. Nights are so hard...the kids are in bed...the house is so quiet... I just cry... Tonight I am so weak and I just cry! Lord make me strong!!


4 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Hey Deanne, Something woke me up and I felt as though I needed to check in on you. I wish I could just wiggle my nose and have Jason home with you and the kids. I do hurt for you. If ever you can't sleep, please call me. I don't care what time day or night. I am here for you to cry to, scream to, or whatever you need. Miss ya, Lisa

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Morning Deanne. I am so sorry that you are having trouble sleepping. I can't says that it gets better. My son left going back almost four weeks ago from his R&R. I have not slept for more than three hours each night. I too am so tired most days, I don't know how I will function.

I start a new day, and hope that it can be better, but most days it's not. I know that my situation is a little different than yours, but I somewhat know what you are going through.

I lay in bed most nights and cry, just as you do. I thought that it would be much easier after he came home on R&R, but I was so wrong. I kept telling myself that after he goes back, he will only have like 4-5 months, but it has not worked for me. It was so much harder, as I was able to see him off at the airport this time. That was almost more that I could handle.

I will keep you in my prayers. I too wish that I could snap fingers and make our soldiers come home sooner.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Take care, and tell Hayden that I am so proud of him for being good in school.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Deirdre said...

Deanne--
Me too! :( Know that you are not alone...

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Libbie said...

Hang in there, girlie! I have those nights, too.

My trick is to turn on the most sentimental and depressing song I can find that reminds me of Autie, and hit "Repeat" so it just plays over and over and over again. Then I have a big boo-hoo. I do eventually get tired, thank goodness.

You'll have a better day XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home