I Love My Soldier: e-mail from my Sweetie!!!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Friday, September 16, 2005

e-mail from my Sweetie!!!

I got an e-mail from Jason this morning (although he does NOT have internet access yet at the base he was moved to, he was able to log on to a computer I think at the station right before he went on duty). He is such a sweetie!!! He seems really down (he hasnt had as much to say when we talk on the phone). In the email he said "I LOVE YOU and miss you sooo much it's killing me". I am going to get a package out to him today to try and cheer him up! I love him sooooo much!


2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous becky said...

I hope he starts feeling better soon. Mine has been this way too, but we found out just this week that he'll be coming on home on leave next month. He's doing a little better, thank goodness. Things HAVE to look up for Jason, I'll be praying for him D.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF said...

Found your site from Big Al's Army Life - this post stopped me in my tracks.

I have been on the other side of the line, or letter. When I didn't have much to say, it is hard to pin down why.

I have given less than glowing responses. Everyone would try harder to "bring me up", but things didn't seem to work. It turned out to be very hard on everyone at home. It was hard being over there - I just couldn't relate or adjust.

It was hard being there, away from everyone, and wanting to be a part and pull my weight to help. And then the, "Why me" day would hit me. Nothing could pull me out, except a long walk in the forrest (I was in Germany, outside Frankfurt). I'd take my camera and force myself to find something that looked great as a photo, so I could send it home. I had to divert the down-sides, or I'd hate my day at "work".

Sometimes a great day would hit me on the job! I'd get to see something or be a part of something that no one else ever experienced - thereby setting me apart and giving me another lift.

Life is funny. Life as a soldier, sailor, airman, or marine is funny. No one can say when life picks up, but look for the little things to send home - that perks people up when they look for something to send "home".

Maybe have the kids do some projects to send to Dad? Little things that only _they_ know he knows? Maybe, why not have Hayden send Daddy a ball with a note that says, "Catch!". Then Dad can send it back with a note that says, "Got it, now get ready!". :)

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home