I Love My Soldier: Faith - rededication!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, September 08, 2005

Faith - rededication!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I have a lot going on in my life, in my husband's life, in my children's lives, in my extended families lives.. I have been really stressed out.. REALLY!! But I refuse to let the devil have victory over any part of my family or my life! I am spending more time in the Word! I am learning again how to hand things over to God, things in my life that have left me feeling hopeless. I am also learning what to change about ME in order to make our lives better. I have never been as stressed out as I have been the past few months.. it seems that it has been getting harder and harder. I know you can all tell that lately I have been down, I have probably said more negative things than I have positive. Despite all the hard times I am facing, there are good things going on in my life. I will trust in the Lord to get us through the hard times, to help me to be the best mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend I can be! I can't get down.. I have my family to think of! I have to be that spiritual leader in my family. I have to exhibit my FAITH and put that faith into action!!!

The last few months has also been hard on me spiritually. I have been confused about many things and would often listen to people's views instead of listening to the Lord. My walk seemed to be slow.. I felt myself not necessarily growing further from the Lord, but just not doing His will in my life. In other words.. I was not putting HIM first!

Well that has changed! This past Sunday I went to the alter and rededicated my life to Him. It's time to put Him FIRST, for I know that when I do everything else will fall into place. His Will shall be done in my life and in my family!

Another blessing was Sunday afternoon Erin (my oldest daughter who is 11) approached me and told me that when she was saved and baptized a couple of years ago that she was not sure if she did it for the right reasons and believes she only did it because other children were. So right then and there Erin and I sat down and talked and prayed and she acknowledged the Lord Jesus Christ as her savior! Praise..Praise His Name!!

Things may not always be easy, and you will hear me ask for your prayers, but I just want to let you all know that the Devil has no place in my family and that is a stand that I am taking!


10 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Please please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Jsut a phone call away. I know that things have got to be rough and tough on you without your husband home to help. Us women are strong, and we will survive. Keep your head held high, and I am here for you if you need anything.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Peaceful Selah said...

Amen! He'll be back with more of his evil devils, but keep the support around you close! I'll be praying for protection from them. All my love!

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many times do i have to leave comments asking you questions before you even answer me? i've signed your guestbook, left you comments...is it b/c im not some middle aged woman with a son in the reserves pouring my heart out that he is ok at his base in texas or something ridiculous like that? i just think if someone reads your blog (*and likes its), you could be decent enough to acknowledge them.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Anonymous...

Can you specify which dates you left a comment.. and what questions you have asked? I would be glad to answer them.

Also just where in my guestbook did you sign..and which question did you ask?

Please also leave me you name.. I feel more comfortable knowing who I am talking to.

Thank you,
Deanne

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous mandy said...

Hi Deanne, I'm a fairly new reader to your blog and was wondering where you learned your html skills. I really like your layout and Im assuming you designed it yourself. Its all so adorable and I think its great what you're doing for your husband. Hope things get better for Hayden!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger ~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...

Mandy.. Thanks for leaving your name this time!! I know you were the one who answered below because of your IP address (I checked it this time compared to the message you left anonymous). Please DONT BE SO RUDE.. and check where you left the "question" if I answered you before you start slamming me!! I have cut and pasted my "first reply" to you that you left in my guestbook and I answered in my guestbook. It is below. I hope you have a great weekened.. and chill out girl! Being nice gets you MUCH further!!

GUESTBOOK ENTRY
Name: Deanne
Date: 02-Sep-2005 07:11:09
Message:

Hey Amanda,
Thanks so much.. I learned HTML codes and formating things just by trial and error. It didnt look anything like this when I first started. I did searches and found features (and ways) to enhance my blog as well. Do a search for HTML Codes an also for web page tools. Good luck!

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

D~ We Love You and admire you for your undying strength. ~L

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous amanda said...

I left you a note in your guestbook. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Deanne...now I know you are a sweetheart...because I would have hauled that comment to the trash can (which you'll probably do with mine--yikes!). It's okay if you do. ;-)

Kudos to Amanda for apologizing.
:-)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Now, what I really want to say is I am so sorry to hear you've been a little depressed.

You have a lot going on...I get fatigued and burned out and I'm not raising my kids alone. You're playing a dual role right now, and Satan will do anything he can to push you over the edge.

From what I know of you...you are a strong woman. But you're only human...and you need a sabbath rest sometimes. You will find your greatest strength in quiet times spent with Him...but you already know that. ;-)

Blessings to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home