I Love My Soldier: Hayden's broken heart













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hayden's broken heart

Yesterday afternoon when I went to pick up Hayden, his teachers and I discussed his behavior. He had been ugly again and I just couldn't help up, but I teared up when talking to them. They assured me that he was not the only one, and one teacher also talked about how kids who are going through things at home will start to act out. We talked about different things that we could do (telling him if he is ugly he can't play with certain toys when he gets home, etc. and if he is good he can get a treat, etc). So I did not let him play with his My First Leap Pad when he got home. This broke his heart!!

This morning (wed) when I went to drop him off his teachers suggested we switched his 3K days (starting next week) so that he would be in a class with different children (children she says are not as agressive and she thinks Hayden will get along better with them - as he tends to do what he sees other kids do) . Well today when I went to pick him up one of the other teachers informed me that he again had a bad day. So again today I did the same thing and did not let him play with his My First Leap Pad.

Oh.......Hayden cried Tuesday night and told me that he missed his daddy. I told him I missed daddy to and that daddy missed us. Then he told me "my daddy not come back home". I assured Hayden that Jason was going to come back home and that it may be a while, but that he would be home and they would play together again. Wednesday morning when he woke up, he immediately started telling me he missed his daddy. However Wednesday evening he was telling Alex that he wanted to play ball with his daddy. Alex and I offered to play ball with him but he said "no, I play ball with daddy". I told him when daddy got home they could play ball, but that I would play ball with him now if he wanted me to.

I also contacted a local church that offers counseling. I have heard so much about the church and the counseling that they offer. I emailed them my situation with Hayden.

Tonight was church for the girls. They had practice at 6:00 and their regular class that is at 7:00. When I got there at 8:00 to pick them up they were in the sanctuary practicing the song/dance they will be performing this Sunday. I am so proud of my girls. They truly love to worship the Lord and it shows when they perform.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home