I Love My Soldier: In the blink of an eye - 911 remembered













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, September 11, 2005

In the blink of an eye - 911 remembered

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Today is September 11, 2005, four years from the horrific attack on America that touched so many lives. The tragic and devastating events that unfolded that day will be in our hearts and minds forever.

I remember when I saw the footage of the planes hitting the twin towers, I was devastated. I stood frozen. I didn't know what to do or think. When they said people were jumping from the top floors of the Towers to escape the flames, and when they showed the buildings collapsing I knew thousands of lives were lost, watching people run in total chaos from the falling debris and knowing even thousands more were seriously injured, I fell to my knees and I cried and prayed.

I cried all day and for weeks as I stayed glued to the TV. There was a part of me that couldn't watch anymore yet another part that needed to. I was grateful that I had my husband, because I know so many people lost their spouse. I was grateful that my children had me, because their were so many children that lost a parent that day. However, more than anything I was grateful that I had the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior, because there were many that perished that day that didn't know Him!


I knew the Lord had a purpose for me, just as he does all of us. Our purpose may come in many forms and fashions, however they ultimately come down to one thing, and that is to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others, to share our faith, and plant a seed. God has a special plan for each of our lives! We can use our God given abilities, big or small, in ways that will lead people around us to the Lord. God can use you!

"Thank you for giving to the Lord... I'm a life that was changed"... (Ray Boltz)

After the events of September 11, 2001 we should realize that in a blink of an eye a life can be taken from us with no warning. Death occurs every day. Let the Lord use you as a vessel to let his work be done.

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." Mark 16:15.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

Remember the vicitims of September 11, 2001- A site dedicated to the victims of 09/11/01


1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Hey Deanne!

Thanks so much for checking in on me. It was good to hear from you. Things are slowly returning to normal here. My husband and I will return to work tomorrow, after being off for 2 weeks...it was no vacation. ;-)

I also wrote about 9/11 today. It really stirred up the memories from that day and the days afterward. I'm ashamed to say, that again, I take for granted my freedoms and that I can hold my family close. But hopefully, these reflections will bring about change and a greater appreciation for "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home