I Love My Soldier: Praying for hurricane victims













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, September 08, 2005

Praying for hurricane victims

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


"I held her hand as tight as I could. She told me you can't hold me....to take care of the kids and the grandkids." --Harvey Jackson in Biloxi, Mississipi, whose wife slipped into floodwaters as their house split in two, and he now believes that his wife died.

If you have read these lines, or seen the video on TV or on the web... it will crush your heart! I just cried when I saw this.. and even the reporter doing the interview was in tears. To see the faces of these people, families divided who have lost loved ones, and some who don't know if their family is alive or dead, some even separated by cities, children without parents, elderly dying, their homes destroyed, their lives are in total chaoas... I have just cried and grieved for these families. I pray and lift them up daily. I dont have much money to give, but I have been giving what I can at several locations. I encourage each of you to give, to volunteer, and to pray!!


1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

You have a tender heart...that is very precious.

I saw Mr. Jackson's interview and a follow-up interview sometime later. I was heart-broken both times. I am so uneasy about all of the displaced children who can't find parents or loved ones. I hate thinking how vulnerable they are in the hands of strangers.

Blessings to you for your generous heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home