I Love My Soldier: Volunteering













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, October 06, 2005

Volunteering


I have been so proud of Hayden, he is doing so much better in school. His little cousin also started this past week and is in the same class as him. His cousin has been getting in trouble some, but the teacher pulled Hayden to the side and told Hayden that she had been so proud of him and that he had done so good and that she didn't want him to misbehave just because someone else was (his cousin). She said Hayden said "yes maam". He did good all week.

The girls are busy as ever with school/homework, church, etc.


Yesterday Jason told me that they are asking for "volunteers" to stay an additional six months. If they don’t have enough volunteers I assume they will make people stay. Jason said some people have already volunteered. I am praying that Jason doesn’t have to stay any longer than June 2006!!


I am feeling really stressed out and overwhelmed lately, but I know everything will be ok.


3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous becky said...

(((hugs)))

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the peace of God that passes all understanding keep your heart and mind through Christ Jesus. Will pray that his tour isn't extended. Hugs to you Deanne!

Love, Deirdre

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just scrolled down to the bottom of your page to see the timeline of how long your hubby has been gone. Did you realize that he's been gone 8 months and 5 days, with 8 months and 4 days left until he is home? You're over the top of the hill and headed back down! And I bet your starting to get very excited about his upcoming R&R. My husband has been in Iraq for 327 days now, almost 11 months, and I have 3 months left. I cannot wait! I am so excited. You would think by this point I would be pretty happy, but I to have been very depressed and overwhelemed recently. 3 more months seems like an eternity and sometimes it seems hard to believe that he will ever be home again, the end seems out of sight. It's so hard! I'll say a prayer for you and your husband, now you please say a prayer for my husband's safety. Good Luck.
~Michelle~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home