I Love My Soldier: Church - Bull riding













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Sunday, November 13, 2005

Church - Bull riding



Today after church we had a luncheon. The kids, my dad and my sister and I sat and ate lunch together. They had a men's bakeoff contest where the men had baked cakes and pies. They received prizes and then the pies/cakes were auctioned off as a fund raiser for the new church. They were going anywhere from $40 - $500. It was an great way to raise money.

Also there was a mechanical bull. The adults/youth paid $5 each to ride (again to raise money for the new church), however the children were allowed to ride free. Mainly children rode. Erin rode 6 times, Alex rode just once. Even little Hayden rode (along with an older child) and of course the guy that was controlling it went REALLY slow with Hayden - and the other kids too. Several adults rode as well. Our Music Pastor and our Associate Pastor both rode, but money was raise to get them on. Again the day was a great fundraiser for the new church, and a great day of fellowship. Of course I didn't get to fellowship much because as soon a Hayden rode (the bull) he crawled up in my lap and went to sleep (while I was trying to eat). So I just fellowshiped with those around me. Erin and Alex wanted to go back to Big Daddy's house (my dad). So after I got home, talked to Jason on the computer, I went to my mom and dads and picked them up.

Sunday night the kids and I decided to rent a movie. We watched The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl. Alex said it was ok, but Erin and Hayden loved it. Hayden kept calling himself shark boy.


1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Sounds like a fun day...a day for making memories. You seem like a great mom. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home