I Love My Soldier: Happy Thanksgiving!













Jason was activated 01/31/2005
His deployment ended
and he returned home 05/13/2006
(a very long 15 1/2 months)



Our
Beautiful
Family







Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!


I wanted to jot a quick note to go ahead and wish you all a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. I will update later on the events of our day! ((Hugs)) to you all!!

(update)
Hey everyone, We had a great Thanksgiving. I got to talk to Jason before we headed over to my moms. He did get a Thanksgiving meal prepared there at the base, however it just wasn't the same being away from home. I love and miss him soooo much. We talked about how before we knew it he would be home for Christmas (for two weeks).

The kids and I went over to my moms. Mother cooked a big dish of Chicken and Dressing (and giblet gravy), Greens, Green Beans, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, and Rolls and had Cranberry Sauce. I made Sweet Potato casserole and macaroni and Cheese. My brother and his wife brought deserts! yumm yumm. It was all so good! We had a great time and it was so nice to get together.

I have so many things to be thankful for, my relationship with God, my family and friends, and my health. Thank you God for all you are and all you do.


7 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger BayouMaMa2 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Hope you get to talk to hubby today!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Julie said...

HI Deanne, I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! You are in my prayers and thoughts!! :)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Peaceful Selah said...

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving, Deanne!


The Alphabet of Thanksgiving

T:Turkeys,table spreads,being together
H:Happiness and homes to protect us rom all weather,
A:Aunts and uncles a reunion in Fall.
N:Nieces and nephews family members all.
K:Kind-hearted Kin coming over for dinner
S:Surely you will have fun but you won't get thinner.
G:Gourds and pumpkins, mouth-wide open
I:Indian and pilmgrims we remember with pride
V:Very special time,there could even be snow.
I:Imagine what it was like at plymouth long ago
N:Never forget hoe the settlers led the way.
G:Giving thanks and blessing this special day.

Have a wonderfully warm and happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful you are in my life!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Hello there.
I've been reading your blog for about a week now, and I just wanted to say hello. I'll try not to bore you with the random details, but I just wanted to tell you that my future husband is leaving for Iraq, soon. (Ie: Sat). He is going to be gone for 1 year. I am facing so many different emotions right now, that some words don't even describe. He is with the 101st airborne, 506th infantry at Fort Campbell in KY. Long story short, we were best friends in high school (never dated although I knew that he had feelings for me)and went our seperate ways in college. 6 years later we've found eachother (I found him, he's been looking for me) and we are more in love now, than either has been in the past. I was to be married and 3 mos. before the wedding, my fiance called it off. He has been married 2 times since being in the army and has a little boy about 7 mos. old. Can't describe what it's like to be in love with your best friend. As I said though, he's leaving soon for 1 year. I guess that will be the test - since we've found each other again, to see if we can (more, I) can stand this email relationship for a year.
Anything comforting that you may want me to know, any ideas on how to deal day to day, thoughts or ideas of what to send... would be greatfully appreciated.
My email is skjamie25@hotmail.com
I'd like a new friend who can shed some light on the situation, the feelings I may be going through.. But, you have a busy family life and I understand if you don't have time...
I'm happy for you that your husband will be home for christmas, I can only imagine what you are feeling like...
Happy Thanksgiving as well...
Jamie

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous becky said...

happy thanksgiving!!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Niki Abel said...

Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving! I hope this month flies by so that Jason is home with you and the kids for christmas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home